Stock Appearing Clones this year?

mikeatchison123

any thought about opening up your clone this summer?
It has come to my attention that a Stock Appearing Clone class was mentioned in the "Battle Of the Clones" series...i have been thinking about doing this if im not going to be racing against myself. so how many open clones will be expected this summer?

Thnaks,
Mike

we are running stock appearing clones this year in the series and at bedrock weekly. Rules are under stock appearing post. no claim, no tech. Having alot of interest in this class.

as of right now i know of 5 stock appearing that are running, if you add who says they are building them you are looking at around 10

good!!

good deal,i hope this class does not fail....hopefully if we get enough people into this they can set some rules where it wont get out of control where you have to pay 1500 to even be competitive...the way i see it this is a chance for guys who cant afford to go out and build a 390,Star motor,Tecumseh,Sudam etc... this isa chance for guys who wanna go fast but simply cant afford to build an open motor.i hope to see alot of open clones out there this season and i also hope not to see someone spend a boat load of cash on their engine and blow all of us out of the water and hey when does your season start?

Good Luck to all racers out there this season!!!!

With using the 6.5 carb you pretty much have a built in limit on the motors because you are only going to flow so much fuel. I am waiting for rodney to get his schedule out i am planning on 1 race a month except for July. Im not 100% sure but believe first race will be at bedrock on April 23rd.

Im going to have one

Are you going racing this year? You have said alot of different things and have not followed through with them. What happened to your stockcar ride? With all the parts and karts you have sold, you could have been racing with the bigboys by now. Looking forward to seeing you back in a kart. lol good luck

With using the 6.5 carb you pretty much have a built in limit on the motors..
John,
how about having a spec diameter header too? ..maybe on the small side and short to keep some from lapping the whole field more that twice? This does sound like a cool class and good luck getting it off the ground!

-Ron.

Gosh, Maybe we should take a front wheel off of some kart(s) to slow them down. AWWW, wait a minute, saw somebody try that once and they were still bad fast.

Have to give credit where credit is due very well said about some people not being able to afford the open outlaw class
Having 3 karts now and a family I dont have the option of sinking 3000 into one open engine
but this class being for guys and gals to be able to go fast
Nicely put
Mr Atchison

good deal,i hope this class does not fail....hopefully if we get enough people into this they can set some rules where it wont get out of control where you have to pay 1500 to even be competitive...the way i see it this is a chance for guys who cant afford to go out and build a 390,Star motor,Tecumseh,Sudam etc... this isa chance for guys who wanna go fast but simply cant afford to build an open motor.i hope to see alot of open clones out there this season and i also hope not to see someone spend a boat load of cash on their engine and blow all of us out of the water and hey when does your season start?

Gosh, Maybe we should take a front wheel off of some kart(s) to slow them down.

Gosh,
this is only to be greatly considered if you really wanted to keep the cost down and competition up! well, do you?

Mike, i also agree with Ray about the subject you have presented, good job!

If the cost is the real concern, then why not just stay with the stk clone instead of stock appearing. I understand that the clone thing is on the wild side now but maybe more time should be put in the set up on the kart. Bigger, badder engines of any kind won't look good on an ill handling chassis.

The object for this class is to have more hp and no tech or claim.
The rules are set as posted, If you want to run a cheaper class then there is the stock clones that is what the class was design for, cheaper racing. The object of this class is to let you guys that want to go faster have a class and still be cheaper than buying a flathead or animal. And to be able to most of your own motor work instead of paying someone to do it. I know this is new for everyone and for myself. All im wanting to do is introduce a another class with more hp that you just show up and race and dont have to worry about tech or being claimed. We all have been around racing and we all know that to go faster you have to pay more to do so.

Jerry Dover $750 race ready stock appearing clone

Clements said between $700 and $800 for stock appearing clone

I will post some others tomorrow when they call back

Yes rules are posted under Clone series post, Basically you can use any 6.5 clone including honda, has to be a 6.5 block, head, and carb (no 390 carbs) can do anything internally in motor and carb. Mandatory external fuel tank, and billet flywheel must be used. No tech and no claim. You can run gas or alcohol.

This is JMO,ok? If you're wanting to go fast cheap,the 6.5 isn't the answer.Unless you spend a lot of $$ to beef it up.It's a shame the 10hp Stars are scarce.A stock Star with a 380 Tilly on Alky could be a cheap way to go.Plus they'll last forever.So,why not try doing it with the 13hp Harbor Freight engine?Around $300-put a carb on it,header and go after it! This is just a suggestion.:D

we might do a 13 clone class later but i had no interest in that class but from a few, everyone wanted the 6.5 stock appearing motor instead. I have talk to jerry dover, mike clements, larry fairfield, Turk brothers, smith brothers all have come in with basically the same cost $750. That is a new block, header, air filter adapter. A builders stock clone is $350 to $450.

I am open to anything, I have 2 main goals in this, 1 to give the saturday night racer a series to run that is cheap to run and have fun and a little money in their pocket, 2. I want to build up karting in the area again try to get bedrock and rockbranch full pit areas again.

If you guys can get 5 or more of you to commit to the series i have no problem adding you guys into the program, you would have the same entry and payout as the rest and tire rule the same as well.

The only disadvantage with the 13 is your back to having to tech motors and claiming again, with the stock appearing you just show up and race no tech or claim. Im not claiming to know everything in this (if you talk to my wife she will tell you im an idiot most of the time lol) Just want to start something new and see where it goes, it may be a big flop and if it does i will do something different.

Again im open to anything and would like to here from you guys on this

Thank you
John Hobson
636-262-8710

Let me know how many of you are building or planning on building stock appearing?

Also let me know if there is anyone interested in the 13 clone?

Back