Strange Observations

Pinkbird

Saw some strange things in the pits this weekend!

Why would a certain late model be sitting 8 feet in the air on the lift gate with the engine running immediatlly after pulling in from the featute?

I watched a certain race team at Pevely Sat. afternoon "painting"their tires!
A crew member had paintbrush in hand appling something on their tires. Since it was a paintbrush,I can onlt assume he was painting the tires. Is this a new trend developing? Will UMP allow different colored tires instead of your basic black? Imagine,red tires,yellow tires........

some local tracks think two compounds save money, but no durometer testing on a regular basis or at all so why wouldnt there be tire softening?

If you think someone would apply an illegal substance on a tire in full view of you and anyone else in the pits, I have some prime swamp land I will make you a deal on.

First of all,it wasn't in full view of anyone in the pits. This team was the only one in the pit area before the gates even opened ( Pevely ) and it wasn't in full view ( used binoculers ). So your saying they were softening tires? Why thats illegal isn;t it? Nah,it couldn't have been tire softner, I mean this driver owns a local track and is partners in several other tracks! Althogh that does explain how his rig is in the pits before they evev open!

I find your observations interesting.
Why not just come out and say your are talking about Kenny Schreader??
Using Binoculers sounds like you when looking for something. Is this true??
I don't think Kenny needs the money from winning a race at ANY dirt track.
I have watched Kenny race at other tracks and I find that about 90% of the time he will race hard most of the race and then drop back so the little guy gets the win
Rick Riebeling
Producer
St. Louis Motorsports Review
Charter Cable channel 18 (St. Louis)
Tuesday 8:30 PM
Charter Cable channel 98(Ste. Genevieve)
Friday 8:30 AM,2:30 PM and 8:30 PM Saturday 2:30 AM
stlmotorsportsreview.com

I have watched Kenny race at other tracks and I find that about 90% of the time he will race hard most of the race and then drop back so the little guy gets the win

What rose colored binoculars are you looking thru???

More times than I can count, he pays $1000 to win for Mods at Pevely and brings in KW as well. They BOTH get front row starting spots in their heats and he goes on to TAKE the $1000 and everyone else gets their normal pay BUT each driver/fan/pit crew member pays a PREMIUM at the pit gate/admission gate to see him WIN AT HIS OWN TRACK!!!!!!!

In the Tri-Track challenge ... he won the first race in Ky (a track he has part ownership in) for $6000 and if he wins again (Aug 2nd) is ASSURED he and his PARTNERS will NOT have to pay out the $10,000 bonus.

Sorry ... I know this was another whole post, but I've NEVER seen KS let the "little guy" win either in his LM or Mod at any track I've seen him run. This includes Florida, Macon, Paducah, Pevely, TriCity, etc.

My rose colored glass see just find thank you and I stick by my post about Kenny Schrader
Rick Riebeling
Producer
St. Louis Motorsports Review
Charter Cable channel 18(St. Louis)
Tuesday 8:30 PM
Charter Cable channel 98 (Ste.Genevieve)
Friday 8:30 AM,2:30 PM and 8:30 PM Saturday 2:30 AM
stlmotorsportreview.com

Never in his day has he EVER done that... I will bet you my years salary! I know of many races where he checked out, dont recall him acting like the car was messed up and dropping back.... A few modified races a few years ago moving guys out of the way to win, dont recall him dropping back?? that is the most obsured statement I have heard in a long time. 90%????? haha IF any race he has, its the charity race @ I-55..... Get real bud and get your head out of the sand...... 100% agreed b.b.b.....

Joe Hoener

To say the only reason a local hotshoe won a race is because Schrader gave it to them is pretty insulting to anyone who has ever finished in front of Schrader for a win. I don't think that is what Rick meant, but that is how it sounds.

I have seen him lay back to race with a couple guys to make it a better show, but then he'll pass them and move on. I have never seen him let off near the end to let a local win a race. I do think he lets the other nascar guys win though at I-55 instead of himself.

Kenny Schrader is a race car driver like the rest of them why should he have to lay back to let someone else win the race. That would be kind of pointless in my opinion. Keep kicking ***** Kenny.

tire prepping has been going on and still is,after reading the bloomquist he shined a pretty good light on the subject.

I don't understand why this is a big deal. There are several products out there that do different things. There are many threads in different tech forums on how to prep tires. Some with homemade concoctions. Some that explain why you should clean your tires with Palmolive.

Softening tires can be useful when rules dictate 40s or 55s. But not so useful when you're allowed 20s.

I would assume that, unless the tire failed the durometer test rule, the substance applied was legal.

Back