Sunoco Race Fuels now at I-55 Raceway!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
PEVELY, MO - Sunoco Race Fuels will be the Official Fuel of I-55 Raceway in Pevely, MO. I-55 Raceway is a 3/8 mile, high banked dirt oval which runs Late Models, Modifieds, Sportsmen and Pro 4 Stockers on Saturday nights. Sunoco Standard will be available at the pump along with drums of Sunoco Supreme and methanol.

“We are pleased to have Sunoco Race Fuels available at I-55,” said Ray Marler, Promoter. “Sunoco has a reputation for quality and consistency which is what we want to offer our drivers here at I-55.”

Promoters/owners Ray Marler and Ken Schrader bought the popular facility two years ago after being the track promoters for the previous eight years. Several years ago Kenny drove for Ray. “We have been jointly involved in motorsports for several years,” stated Marler. “Short track racing is something we both love.”

The track will be serviced by Sieveking, Inc., a greater St Louis area distributor of industrial petroleum products. “We also have ties to Kenny Schrader,” noted Donnie Ballard, Operations Manager. “He drove a truck for Sieveking when he was young. We are very pleased to work with people like Ken and Ray who are so dedicated to short track racing.”

I-55 Raceway will have several special shows in addition to their traditional Saturday night program. First up, is the World of Outlaw Sprint Cars presented by Shop ‘N Save, 92.3 WIL & Red Baron Pizza on April 2nd. The next special show is a Late Model event on Wednesday, June 15th, featuring both Ken Schrader and Mark Martin. Martin will be appearing as part of his “Salute to You Tour”.

On August 3rd (Wednesday), the track holds its NASCAR Night of Stars. Several NASCAR drivers will be available at the autograph session to raise money for Kyle and Pattie Petty’s Victory Junction Gang Camp. This will be the third year for this event. Previous drivers have included: Dale Earnhart, Jr., Bill Eillott, Johnny Benson, Mike Wallace, Ken Schrader, Steve Park and Carl Edwards who has family ties to the track. The program will include Winged Sprints and U.M.P. Late Model races.

For ticket information, season schedules or competition rules, please call the track at (636) 479-3219 or log onto www.i55raceway.com. Track office is open every Wednesday and Saturday during the racing season.

Back