SUPERNATIONALS

faustfan2

So i have been keeping up on the updates on the Supernationals up in Boone,Ia and it got me to thinking that we need something like that in this area! Maybe we can get in these promoters and get something like that going on. Any ideas?

So i have been keeping up on the updates on the Supernationals up in Boone,Ia and it got me to thinking that we need something like that in this area! Maybe we can get in these promoters and get something like that going on. Any ideas?

You would need a track with an absolutely huge pit area and good track prep along with a huge payout. Here in UMP country those are far and few between. They tech the sh!t out of them IMCA cars <> UMP tracks not so much. The modified feature winner only gets $2,500 to win plus the top 3 / 5 get their engines pulled and they don't get them back.

And tech is a good thing!! It needs to happen alot more than it does around here!! Not sure i believe that they dont get their motors back. You may not get it back that night but they cant just keep your motor! As far as pit area your right there isnt a track around that could hold the kind of cars they are having up there right now..im sure a track could figure something out i would assume.

And tech is a good thing!! It needs to happen alot more than it does around here!! Not sure i believe that they dont get their motors back. You may not get it back that night but they cant just keep your motor! As far as pit area your right there isnt a track around that could hold the kind of cars they are having up there right now..im sure a track could figure something out i would assume.

Yes they keep your motor. Just ask Mooresville. North Carolina driver #8 Kyle Strickler. I know him personally. He said after last years 2014 IMCA Supernationals win they kept the motor. It's been that way for a long time.

You give up motor for auction when finishing in top 5, with nothing in return except proceeds added to purse, some engine have went for 8-9000!

They take the engine and auction them off and the money is added to the purse for the feature event. There is no replacement given because this is not a crate motor race. They do a lot of tech and are very very picky when it comes to the tech part of the entire race cars, engines, shocks every aspect of the car. It is a great series for that area

They take the engine and auction them off and the money is added to the purse for the feature event. There is no replacement given because this is not a crate motor race. They do a lot of tech and are very very picky when it comes to the tech part of the entire race cars, engines, shocks every aspect of the car. It is a great series for that area
It actually is a crate motor race. They have the option in a and b mods, claimer or 604/602.

That just ain't right
They must be right... It may be the biggest week of racing on the planet. Where else would you get a chance to see over 850 race cars in 7 days of nearly non stop action? Where else will you see 300 modifieds battle it out for a chance to run for a mere 2500 to win and your guaranteed to lose your motor? Oh and then there is the main event... they start 33 cars... THREE WIDE!!!!! The tracks in this area are good...None are in the league of Boone Speedway.

baloney it might hold alot of cars but dang every class is the same as the one above or below that weekend if I had the money which I don't this year would be a the grand daddy of them all and wouldn't be in iowa thats for sure

but hey maybe you right lets start claiming this weekend in honor of the super nats how would that work out

Dirthoundliteinnbigfredf40 how come every time something is posted you either want to argue with someone or turn the post upside down? You have got to be the most miserable person i have ever heard of!! Just remember artificial inteligence is no substitute for natural stupidity!!!

thats no agrument that what you want be like IMCA its in the rule book of UMP so lets use it

I do agree on the claim rule!! Its there for a reason....use it! But the problem you have is if i have a modified and i finish on the lead lap of the A-Main and go to the claim area and say i want to claim Racer x's motor for a $1000 like stated in the rules how many of the tracks are going to let it happen? If you start useing the claim rule and tear down rule in these class's im led to believe the cost of racing will go down! Who would build a $20,000 motor knowing it can and probably will get claimed for $1000? You would be a fool to! Yes if you do claim it you are probably going to be labeled as the biggest a hole in this area but hey.....it is what it is!! We have to start somewhere to get the cost down!

Back