Swindell Produces Top-10 Finish During Pavement Midget Race in New Hampshire

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - WINCHESTER, N.H. (Sept. 17, 2018) - Sammy Swindell earned another top-10 result while piloting a pavement midget on Saturday at Monadnock Speedway.

The NorthEastern Midget Association event was moved from a track in Connecticut to Monadnock Speedway, where Swindell made his first-ever visit during his third career race for Bertrand Motorsports.

faa4d50e-81d1-4e69-851e-1a887181a2d4.jpg
The event was handicapped, meaning Swindell had to start near the rear of both a heat race and the main event. He maneuvered from sixth to fourth place in a heat race and from ninth to seventh place in the main event, marking his third top 10 in as many starts in a pavement midget.

"They were having trouble with most their cars being tight," he said. "We made changes all day and got the car a whole lot better. I couldn't cut off the corner. It was hard to pass anybody. It was a quarter-mile track and it was really bumpy. It was probably some track they built in the 1700s.

"I learned how far sideways I can get it. I never lost it, but I had it way around a few times. I could take it to the edge of the grip. We keep learning every time we get in one of these. I want to thank Tim Bertrand and his team for having us again."

Swindell returns to a familiar winged sprint car this weekend when he and car owner A.G. Rains head to Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo., for the 8th annual Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour presented by SawBlade.com. The three-day event, which Swindell won the first two nights of last year, kicks off on Thursday.

"We've always run good there and the things that are going for us now are a lot better," he said. "We've got the cars better and motors better and they were already good. The only thing that could hurt us is getting involved in something we can't avoid. As long as we can come close to our average we'll be right up front."

Swindell is tied for the ASCS National Tour lead with five feature victories in limited starts with the series. He also has 12 top fives - tied for the third most - in 15 features.

QUICK RESULTS -

Sept. 15 - Monadnock Speedway in Winchester, N.H. - Heat race: 4 (6); Feature: 7 (9).

SEASON STATS -

49 races, 8 wins, 25 top fives, 32 top 10s, 35 top 15s, 38 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Thursday through Saturday at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo., for the 8th annual Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour presented by SawBlade.com

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/1sam91

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - High Performance Lubricants

High Performance Lubricants chooses the best base oils combined with the highest quality additives. The end result is a significant improvement in oil life and wear reductions compared to others. For more information, visit http://www.HPLubricants.com .

"I've run some of the High Performance Lubricants products and the product we put in the rear end and the steering made it run cooler," Swindell said. "We did a bunch of oil analysis before and after and found some great things using High Performance Lubricants."

Swindell would also like to thank ACME Graphix & Design, Whitacre Glass, FK Rod Ends, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, CP Pistons, Simpson Race Products, Sweet Manufacturing, Schoenfeld Headers, W&B Service Company, Griffin Fishing Charters and Lodge, South Bay Partners, MyRacePass and Inside Line Promotions for their continued support.

Back