swingarm chassis/loose off

Kingkracer

swingarm chassis loose offany sugestions that might help car is good early it is scaled to the book good driver just loose off everything is new on bird cages pull bar pinion bar etc. 4010 shock rr 4040 lr raising the pinion bar only makes it tight threw the middle the chassis is built to not have to run off radical offset wheels though we run 3" offset even up on the rear 2" rf 3"lf

Try running a 4" off-set on the Right-Rear and leave the 3" on the left-rear. Also, what type of stagger are you running in the rear?

Bilstein shocks? Without hearing any #'s or spring rates it sounds like, if they are Bilsteins, that a 1 on comp and a 4 reb on a swing arm car would produce alot more body roll, taking the weight off the lr and sending it to the right rear, looseing the car on the throttle. Give us more info. I'd swap those back shocks .

First, how loose is it? How high is the ballast in the car? Higher will tighten the car. Try Rick's offset, and/or a stiffer RR spring. Counter-intuitive I know, but it plants the RR harder due to wedge loading and unloading through weight transfer (unless you are out of the ballpark already with spring rates). By the way, how are you doing this year Rick?

We are actually running pretty good, usually top 10’s. Went and bought a new Dirtworks over the winter and it has made a heck of a difference. We have tried a couple of different swing-arm set-ups this year and the car just keeps getting better. How are you doing this year? Do you have any plans on making it over to Farmer City?

I bought a late model this year and there is no way I am going to Farmer city! Too much competition. We are struggling with a horrible chassis push (only entry) that is defying all explanations. If and when I can get it to actually turn I run dang well. If I can get a consistant handle on the car I am wanting to go to Kankakee and run it, but that looks bleek at this point in time! Glad to hear you are making a good go of it this year, I hope I can get some luck and get going this year.

hey guys i did'nt give more input i am kinda new to the bar cars been a leafspring guy for years i am a little lost on the ballast height thing sorry but as far as shocks CC-28 we run a 4040 bilstein on the lr and the 4010 on the rr this was tried to help the car roll over better but i see your what you are saying that it does not get back over fast enough to load the lr back up my tire stagger depending on if you can find new tires with a little stagger has been 1' to 1 1/2" best ive done, srings are 325lr 325rr ride lr trailing arm is in the 2nd whole down for dry we have 3 whole bracket i was affraid of to much bar angle loads fast but unloads to quick we have tried wedge in the lr it does not help off if it does very little to notice
as far as how loose off i really have to lift hard and wait on the car to catch up it may be alot of me but if i hit my entry just right its better i want to use alot more of the track than just the bottom if i get up high and bump the burm im ok but if i hit it a liitle hard it just sets over like somebody grabs the rf a pulls it out from under you that may be to soft of rr spring?
note: we have been playing with with a deal of locking up the left rear birdcage it puts a ton of left and helps it when we do it but we get pogoing the lr spring to much has to be a real smooth track and its real hard on bird cages but by talking to you guys if i get the rr spring to get back up quicker it will help. i just try to take baby steps on things. and if this will help we run at farmington 95% of the time sorry i jump around so much but not real good on computer or typing sorry

let me throw this in forward bite might be a better thought to talk about along with loose off i think they go together? heavy race tracks this car is really good most are but i dont have any push it goes good high or low

Put a different shock on there and let us know, Everything else is good. Your J bar should have about 5" of rake.

Makes sense don't it? I bet your right rear even on those hockey pucks is smokin' after the race and your left rear probably isn't even hot. Good luck, let us know the outcome. I think you better hold on tight though. :)

cc-28
help me with why a j-bar is better than a straight pan hard bar or is it? and please help with the amount of rake and where to measure that number from and it's advantages

A J bar is smoother and not as quick on the bite. Short straight bar will hook hard and fast. I'll take as much bite as I can get. Bar should be on second hole from the botom on your pinion mount, measure from the floor to the center of the heim on the pinion, then from the floor to the heim on the other end. This is your rake, you should have 7-9 inches. Be sure to check wheel base and such when changing this around. I would try the shorty with those hard tires. Let me know.

cc-28
i have to get one for saturday if i can get one ordered but i will try it to see if it helps looks like this weekend might be one of them good ole heavy race tracks so we may wait to try

Back