Test & Tune Tues.

I thought Hobson said they weren't allowing the karts anymore due to keeping it even for everyone at the money race....i don't care personally just wondering

K Dawg, are you going to race in this one, or just talk about it???????????????...............lol

Yes in fact I will be racing this one as much as I hate to put the pull start back on my motor lol...already have my pit spots reserved. I will be there in Clone Light and Medium....was gonna run Pro clone but don't have the money for tires to be competitive so I am going to opt not to... I have already asked off from work...School permitting I will be at Highland too

Was going to but we went to Princeton and ran the 1st money race and pulled and pulled with the pull ropes and it ****ed....we want to use a starter lol.....I could not run the 1st race due to prom and the second one due to jennifer's grad so I was knocked out of points before I got started.

Plus (and this is no bash to frank or bedrock) but if I am gonna drive 2 hours to race I much prefer princeton (seedtick) to bedrock....more karts in the clone classes and really stout competition. just a personal preference not a bash.

Like I said above I will put the pull start back on the motor for Belle Claire and Highland ONLY because I want to run on the big tracks....and if they have a 100 lapper at Bedrock at the Fall Nats we MIGHT come....but I was knocked out of points before I could get started so I am not running for points anywhere

have you won at Bedrock?

I have only been to Bedrock twice....both times last year and came away with a 2nd and a 3rd out of about 10 karts both nights if memory serves me correct.....it has nothing to do with that Tobin...I was beaten by Mark Strange and Blake Sanford that night I got 3rd... to me there is nothing wrong with that. I will say that Mark and I have raced eachother really good in the past at Wayne City and I came out with a couple wins there...

As far as competition on a regular night it is my OPINION that seedtick is a little tougher...now when Hobson's series roles in and you have guys like Boien there then ya the competition is great.....

I shouldn't have to explain myself to anyone yet I am the one that keeps getting grilled with questions of why am doing this and that. I am sorry that my girlfriends senior prom and high school graduation took priority to Hobson's series:rolleyes: I am sorry that I prefer Princeton's track to Bedrock when I am driving 2 hours a race....that is just my OPINION. It has nothing to do with the people running the tracks at all.... I have talked to Frank bedore and he is a great guy as is John Hobson. The crowd over at Princeton is where alot of the friends I have riding Concepts ride and my engine guy is also there...so thats another reason I go over there...Plus I DON'T WANT TO PULL START MY MOTOR!

So there you have it folks....my life story complements of Tobin's irrelevant question :rolleyes:

Pull Start

Ok.....Ok....So he won't say it, but I will. I don't know Hobson, so it doesn't make any differance to me and besides all that...I have a reputation for saying what I feel, when I feel like it.......that's why I have so many friends!
IT IS A STUPID RULE!!!!! Anyone who thinks for one minute that by requiring karters to pull start their machines is going to prevent them from doing something illegal inside the motor is living in La La Land! There....I said it....I said what all of you have been thinking but wouldn't come out and say! The way I see it, everytime we go to a differant track, their are a differant set of rules....or....the promotor interprets the rules in his own way. It gets old after a while and some guys just don't want to put up with the B--L S--T. A classic example of this is Phil at Belle Rive. Outside of playing favorites with a certain family (which I won't get into right now but we all know who they are) he also has his own way of interpreting the rules, and no one does it like he does! That's not to say that he's not a nice guy, 'cause he is...it's just stating a fact.
Sooo...to sum it all up...Hobson is probabley a good guy, I don't know... but he is definately wrong, wrong, wrong on this! The fact of the matter is, it's his rodeo and he can do as he pleases....but it has kept a few folks away from his series that I know of.
Just Sayin'.........LeRoy

The rule is wrong because YOU don't like it???? How bout build your own track and let everyone else work with what is out there now. good luck.

The rule is wrong because YOU don't like it???? How bout build your own track and let everyone else work with what is out there now. good luck.

Ok look....it was not my intent for this to turn into this....I did not start all of this hoopla. I was the one grilled with questions about why I did this and that and i told everyone.

It so happens that I had problems getting my motor to start with a pull start the first night out everytime I tried to start it...and I swore after a sore shoulder and one hell of a night that I was gonna switch to an electric start, of which I did. Princeton, Wayne City, Belle Rive, and Vincennes all allow it so I said, "what the heck" and did it.

I love when people come out here and say "if you don't like build your own track" ....as if people can't have their own opinion about rules. I don't necessarily like the tire marking but I am not gonna let that stop me from going to BelleClaire and Highland...In fact, I am not going to let the pull start stop me from going because I want to race on those tracks so much.

There is absolutely no performance gain to pull start or electric start and anyone that says there is is silly....with the new cams and springs ect. it is more difficult to get the motors started with a pull rope and I am not going to seperate my shoulder to start one.

I like John think and think its great that he has put this series together and I wish everyone the best with it. I will be there at BelleClaire for sure and Highland weather permitting despite some disagreeances with rules, however there is no factual reason I can see for the pull start...please give me one Dale I would be glad to admitt I am wrong if you can???? Its Johns, house and we have to abide by the rules to play and thats what we will do when we decide to play....don't have to agree with the rules just have to follow them.

Somehow and informational thread about a BelleClaire practice has turned into an interigation of myself and questioning of rules....this is my last post on this thread and I am sending JDearing a message to delete it.

I just want to know if Belle Clair and Highland are going to allow them to add "something" to the water like they have been doing at Bedrock. Don't know for sure but it could play a part in who's tires and prep are the most effective. ????

Mr Hermann, The rules for your information were set mostly by the racers. This is a free country where you can make decisions freely. You have a choice to race and go where you please but don't come on here and bash my series or rules just because you don't like the rules. I stand by my rules and my racers and trying to give the best series for the local racer to run and run cheap. This time last year there were no clones at bedrock last Friday I had 28 clones. I'm not goin to say I know everything and I will admit I make mistakes but this series is for the racer and trying to get kart counts up in st Louis again. I would appericiate if you have a problem you can email me or call me and I will be glad to discuss it. Good luck in your racing

John....I don't know which Mr. Hermann you're talking to but in the event it is me, let me enlighten you about what was said so that you don't go off half-cocked and misconstrue anyone's intentions. I never said a thing about your series or your Kart count or who sets the rules and whenther or not we would come there to race or not! Lets get all that straight....and by the way....I don't think any of the karters had anything at all to do with that pull start rule and I'll bet you a nickle that if you took a poll, they would overwelmingly reject it! There...that's all taken care of.
Now, as you said, we have the right to race where and when we want. By the same token, we also have the right to voice our opinion, which we did. This, after all, is a forum, is it not? My son stated over and over agin that he was not bashing anyone or their rules or their track. As a matter of fact, he went out of his way to comment on both you and Frank...about how good a job you're doing....so lets get off the personal attack, please.
In summation. The rules are the rules and whoever races there will have to abide by them. I'm sure you've heard people say, "if you don't like it, go somewhere else". That's what Kurt was trying to say in a nice way. He also doesn't want you pissed at him 'cause he wants to race at two of your races. Surely to God, you're old enough to realize everyone isn't going to agree with you all the time, aren't you. John....it's a stupid rule, ok? But it's your rule and anyone wishing to play in your sandbox must abide by it. Plain and simple.
Now, as Kurt said...this is my last post on this subject. It's rediculous that it has gone this far already. You all have a nice day, ya hear? LeRoy

I just want to know if Belle Clair and Highland are going to allow them to add "something" to the water like they have been doing at Bedrock. Don't know for sure but it could play a part in who's tires and prep are the most effective. ????

Do you believe your own BS. Keep digging that hole your halfway to china. Andy

Back