Thank you all from K5 Gary Keeling...

JeepFan55

Danny Heiple
This is a post Gary Keeling sent me and asked me to post on 4M.net and STLRacing.com. He went to the doctor on Monday, December 1, 2003 and the doctor is really impressed with the way his arm looks after the surgery. All the nerves and tendons and tissue along with the bones went back together bueatifully. He should be able to take the pins out of his wrist in about one month and then another two months of therapy or so and he should be back to normal. Gary wanted me to post this and say thanks, it took him all day to write that with one hand, he did pretty good too. Also as of now Gary says he has no plans on racing next year but that is subject to change and that is exactly what he told me today. Thanks-Danny

K5 Rookie
White Oaks Motor Sports
Thanks from K5
on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:30pm

Sorry about taking so long to respond. Kevin has had basketball games at Crab Orchard Lake all week long. So we have really been putting on the miles this week. Debbie has been doing all the driving.

First I would like to thank all of the people who has called and sent cards since my accident You really don't know who your friends are or how many people care about you till something like this happens to you, again thank you.
This is going to take awhile since I am a one handed computer dummy. Looking back over all the years of racing I would not change a thing. I have met so many nice people. We have traveled so many miles going from track to track and have been lucky nothing bad has happened in all the travels. I would like to thank all of the fans for the support over all the years, so many nice people. I tried to talk to everybody but if I missed some one over the years I am sorry.

I would like to thank all the people who has helped me over the years. Lots of guys have given there time and energy to see that K5 performed as good as it could. My first partner Ronnie Coursey pushed me to do well when times were tough and my head was really not into it. Willie and Della Sellars was the first people that I drove for. We had lots of fun and many fun memories. I would like to specially thank Chris Smith for supporting my habit over the last part of my racing. He not only was my car owner he was one of my best friends who would do anything for me. I would like to thank my crew who has worked with me for all of the hard work keeping K5 the race car it was night after night.

Last I would like to thank all the people I have raced with over the years. The Randy Sellars, Timmy Browns, Brett Chappels, Todd Rust, and all the others too many to name is what Saturday night racing is all about. Yes you have a few who does not fit in that category but not many. You all know who fit and who don't. Enough said.

I hope you all miss me as much as I am going to miss racing. After 30 years of racing I know it going to be hard. I will still come and watch. Oh yes my hand was dislocated from my wrist. My doctor said 3 months in a cast with therapy thing should be back to normal. Thanks K5 Gary Keeling.

thats great

dear Mr keeling im glad to hear your alright but sad to see you go out on such a sour note. my uncle is bob melvin and i used to watch you as a kid at paducah and I-57 raceway by benton along with bill hays,randy sellars, and ron fischer. you guys were great and very enjoyable to watch so i was very glad to hear you were alright. thanks for a great racing carear and also for the memories GOOD LUCK!

Back