Thank you I-55.. Great show

upsmanluvracin

If you was not there tonight , then you miss one of the best races so far of the year. The track was bad fast and alot of good quality drivers in all classes......Thank you I-55 and all of the drivers .... That was by far "THE BEST SHOW ON DIRT"........Congrats to all the winners..

I agree. The track started out very slow-likely in the worst condition that I can remember. After spending time reworking the track, it was transformed into probably the fastest track I have ever seen! It was unbelieveable! Thank You I55 staff for going the extra mile (or should I say 3/8 mile). RAY MARLER FOR PRESIDENT!

I was very upset when I got there and saw the condition of the track for qualifying...but they more than made up for it in the heats.

my only complaint was the flagman. why wait til they come out of turn 4 to throw the yellow if you didn't like the start?

Could the flagman have been waiting hoping the cars would un-bunch alittle? Rather than having all 8 or 9 cars observe the yellow light at the same time and slow down without too much carnage. He threw the flag as they were (as a group of 8 or 9) coming out of turn 4.

I too questioned this but after the explanation --- it made sense, atleast to me.

AS FOR THE TRACK....

WOW , WOW, WOW... I was not happy for the qualifying, but Ray & Company worked it in real good and what a SWEET night it was.

I disagree. The track was fast, yes, but there was hardly any passing all night long. As for reworking the track, I felt so sorry for the people in the stands. It was hot with the sun on them, and here we are at almost 8 and they hadn't seen a race, yet. They were reworking a track that alot of drivers were happy with to begin with. Give them a dry slick track so we can see who the driver is, not who has the biggest motor. JMO

No passing??? Were we at the same race? Korte may of led the entire thing, but he was just faster than everyone else! There was lots of passing throughout the field!

I disagree. The track was fast, yes, but there was hardly any passing all night long. As for reworking the track, I felt so sorry for the people in the stands. It was hot with the sun on them, and here we are at almost 8 and they hadn't seen a race, yet. They were reworking a track that alot of drivers were happy with to begin with. Give them a dry slick track so we can see who the driver is, not who has the biggest motor. JMO

you need to look at the race a little closer. see where people started and finished. there was passing going on all the time. if they didn't rework the track all the races would have been single file all night long. there was plenty of room on the front stretch to escape the blazing hot sun. it's not even that hot yet.

If the track would have stayed the same in qualifing then all you would have got to see is a big train with no passing. If you could have seen past the dust. When they refinished the track, it was the best as you are going to see. I dont mind sitting there for a extra hour to see the best show possible.. Again thank you I-55....

If there was no passing then how did feger start 18 and get to 5th. I n my eyes that is passing on a good track.

came home cleaner than ever and sat on the front stretch. if your worried about dirt then go to a paved track.

Exactly, the cleanest I've come home in weeks! Enjoyed my evening!

For gottaluvit....No passing? Then how did Ray Walsh go from 23rd to 8th in the Mod Feature? I think you were at a different track! :confused:

For Ray Marler...I got my drumstick last night. That lovely ice cream stand girl saved one for me! :D :D :D

If the track would have stayed the same in qualifing then all you would have got to see is a big train with no passing. If you could have seen past the dust. When they refinished the track, it was the best as you are going to see. I dont mind sitting there for a extra hour to see the best show possible.. Again thank you I-55....

A big train with no passing is exactly what the heat races were. It got slicker in the feature, so there was more passing in the feature, but with a dry slick track there is always a battle for the lead and people passing on top and on the bottom. If you're worried about dust, why are you at a dirt track? It's dirt, you're there to get dirty.:confused:

I guess Moyer & Heckenast didn't race side-by-side for almost all of their heat race.

A big train with no passing is exactly what the heat races were. It got slicker in the feature, so there was more passing in the feature, but with a dry slick track there is always a battle for the lead and people passing on top and on the bottom. If you're worried about dust, why are you at a dirt track? It's dirt, you're there to get dirty.:confused:

THat true what about rodney melvin heat that person blind i seen good racing and some good passing all night long . I sat on the back straight it was a little dusty but im not complaning because i enjoy dirt track racing no matter how the track get. im there for a good time and help out .

They did a great job on the track. I can't believe people could possibly complain after the resurection that took place.

It rained all week, then it was sunny for half a day, then it rained saturday morning and then the sun came back out. Not to mention a higher car count with the special show and qualifying. They did one helluva job to keep up with the track.

Fegers, Babb, Frye were all on the move and of course Walsh did his thing in the mod's.

If you want to complain about no passing for the lead you should blame it on Korte, Hancock, and Nations for being too fast.

4 wide in the heat race
http://www.i55photos.com/gallery/8382519_DBDBA#550702193_sqkch

Found on 4m

post_old.gif
Today, 01:57 PM
427c.i.
user_online.gif

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif

One of the coolest things last night was the race between Babb and Feger. When Jason caught Shannon, Shannon RACED Jason, he didn't block or let the car "drift" all the way to the wall. He gave Jason room to race him.

I always enjoy a trip to Pevely. Full car counts in all divisions, and even with reworking the track, they kept the show moving...all in all, a very good night at the races.

I dont see whats the big deal about 4 wide at pevely. They have 4 wide racing everytime i attend. Maybe other tracks it would be a big deal. Korte only had like 4 cars on moyer the whole race. Moyers heat race was great with him Heckenast Jr flying for the lead. Moyer was on his door every lap not letting off going into the corners. He had to trust H. Jr. Im shure there will be video of it somewhere.

Back