Thank you Shane Cockrum & Area Firefighters

Don't Matter

Thank you Shane for participating in the service honoring Fallen Sesser Firefighter Jimmy Miller. I had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy when our pit crew member Larry Spann also a Sesser firefighter died last year. Jimmy and I spent many days sitting with Larry until God Called him home. It was a wonderful service today with Fire Departments from all over Illinois, Kentucky, and Missouri coming to honor him.
I have been so proud to watch you grow up and see the wonderful man you have become, thank you for donating your time driving the Benton fire truck today giving Jimmy a wonderful memorial that many people will remember forever. I know Frankie and I will. Thank you!

Racers do get involved in a lot of things off the track and here is another type of action that shows racers get involved in serious matters as well. I salute Shane for his involvement in this event that was not necessary to happen to the firefighter just doing his job.

I appreciate your kind words but like you say I cannot take the credit alone. Rather the Credit should be given to The Sesser Fire Protection District and the Hundreds of Career, Paid on Call, and Volunteer firefighters who honored James "Shib" Miller for his dedicated 22 years of service. It is a sad day when we lay a fellow brother to rest, especially one making the ultimate sacrafice in the line of duty . To be a part of, and see, over 500 Firefighters and 100 fire engines from Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky, and New York giving Honor was amazing. They always say that their is no funeral that matches a Firefighters funeral and that couldn't be more true. What a feeling to be a part of a brotherhood so strong.

This accident was caused by someone who failed to slow at an emergency scene on Interstate 57, fatally injuring a firefighter, who as a volunteer, without pay, had gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to help someone in their time of need. Jimmy had two young daughters who will grow up with only memories. Please slow down and pay attention when comming up on accident scenes, you will be greatly appeciated in doing so.

FF Shane Cockrum
City of Benton
Fire Dept.

It is sad to hear of these stories. Thank you to all fire fighters, paramedics, rescue workers and police that put on that uniform daily to protect and serve us, the public.

Thank you,
JP

its great to see so many ff and dept. coming to a fallen brother. i just wish are dept could have been there to show are support....from one ff to another its hard to see a fallen one, and it just shows all dangers we face. all my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family....

bunker hill ff
charlie mccaleb 728

Proud of you Shane!!

Shane, just want to say how proud you make all of us in the racing community!! I've watched you grow in to a very special man. You have 2 very special parents that have definitely led you in the right direction!!

As for the families of those lost in this tragic accident, my heart goes out to you and God will see you through!!!

Debbie

From 1 firefighter to a

From 1 brother firefighter to another, the Perryville Fire Dept and its members sends our deepest sympathy for your loss. We wanted to try and send someone for the funeral services, but due to prior engagements we could not make it. Our hearts and prayers go to everyone affected.

Back