thanks SFC raceway

justin

i would just like to say thanks to SFC raceway for remaining open when other tracks are shut or in jeopardy of shutting down...we only have to travel at most 7 miles to get our car to the track.the only thing that matters is that its close to home,its dirt,and there alot of great racers there ........there is always going to be someone who is mad that their favorite driver got a bad call but thats racing you get good calls and you get bad calls....its just my opinion but i think SFC raceway is doing the best that they can noone can see everything that happens on the track...and i would just like to thank SFC raceway for being there and giving the drivers a place to run....and thank all the drivers in every class for putting on a good show and always a good night of racing....just in case anyone wants to disagree with me my name is Justin Dickerson i would greatly appreciate any and all comments good or bad...Thank You

Good nights and Bad nights. Every track has 'em. I work part time at SFCR and also work at Doe Run Raceway. At both tracks, this year has had some excellent racing, some terrible racing, good calls, bad (some absolutely rediculous) calls..... There's been nights where im proud to be an official and other nights that make me want to quit. These are things that you will find anywhere you go. Im just glad that there are TWO race tracks both within 10 minutes of home. There's always gonna be problems, situations, bad calls, etc because we're human, not perfect. Just be thankful for your local tracks.

Good nights and Bad nights. Every track has 'em. I work part time at SFCR and also work at Doe Run Raceway. At both tracks, this year has had some excellent racing, some terrible racing, good calls, bad (some absolutely rediculous) calls..... There's been nights where im proud to be an official and other nights that make me want to quit. These are things that you will find anywhere you go. Im just glad that there are TWO race tracks both within 10 minutes of home. There's always gonna be problems, situations, bad calls, etc because we're human, not perfect. Just be thankful for your local tracks.
Well said Mike. I honestly couldn't have said it any better myself. Working at DRR (& Ftown too) has definitely made me realize that being a track official (of any sort) is a thankless job. Like you, sometimes I love it and other times I HATE it. BUT...I know that I/we always do our absolute best and that's all we can do. We can't always control what others see (or don't see).

i have never worked at a track and i dont think i would like it seems like no matter what the officials call is someone is going to be upset....my opnion is that noone can see everything that goes on and noone can make every call right everytime.....they do their best and without them there would be no racing just my opnion

Back