Thanks to all of you

Doe Run Raceway

Staff member
Thanks to all of you that were at the meeting today. Your input is greatly appreciated.

I'll get the rules typed up and posted ASAP.

Thanks again,
Bob

Was glad to be there. I felt good leaving the meeting thinking this class is headed in the right direction. I liked the discussions we had and the suggested ideas. I'm not Mr. Super Motor guy but the 3 main rules we discussed sounded like good moves to me and will help level the field. Back to driving and handling.

Bill

hum!!!!!!!!!!

slowing them down on a all ready slow track. that will be great to watch. are you going to make marty's truck the vacuum limit for the chevy's, and shannons for the fords?

Wolfman_5 said:
slowing them down on a all ready slow track. that will be great to watch. are you going to make marty's truck the vacuum limit for the chevy's, and shannons for the fords?

Dave..it's real simple. If you don't like the rules, stay at home. No one is forcing you to participate at our facility. We are trying to make things better for everyone.

Sorry if you don't agree, but last time I looked out at the group of guys that were there, I didn't see you or any of your representatives anywhere in the bunch.

We had an excellent meeting. The rules are being typed up and will be done within a week. I can tell you these things for sure, there is no compression rule for 2006, that will be implemented in 2007. There will be a vacuum rule and a tire rule. 1 inch lug nuts will be mandatory. Cars will also be required to have a fire extinguisher on board.

Again, thanks to all of you who particpated in the meeting.

"Going the right direction, That's what I believe Bobby & the DRR guys are doing!"

Bobby,
I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the meeting due to our already open house scheduled. Wish you would have came over when Gary & Linda, Bill & Brenda came after the meeting. You where more than welcome.
I wasn't worried about attending because I felt you would do what you thought would be best for the mini-stock class as a whole. Let's remember why this class was started (Cheap & Fun competition for all). I will go with a smaller cam if that's needed.
I will be at DRR in 2006 to support your track when possible. Now that the Northern RAMS members will not count the points we earn @ DRR there is NO REASON to join the RAMS since we from the SOUTH are no longer welcome in the RAMS Pts. Series.
Merry Christmas to all, Marty Boyer #52 M.S.O.:cool:

Wolf..the ministocks in a whole are not going to be slower. With the vacuum rule I still have room for a bigger cam since I ran almost stock last year and still ran pretty decent. It's going to slow the top down a bit but I don't think the fans will notice a couple tenths a lap difference when the racing is going to be closer with more guys running for the front. Even the guys that are spending lots of money on their motors have said they don't like spending that much but they're doing what they needed to do.

Wolf, now you're worried about good racing for the fans to watch? Fans don't like all those yellows your bumper causes anymore than a few tenths a lap of racing.

Wheel21 said:
Wolf, now you're worried about good racing for the fans to watch? Fans don't like all those yellows your bumper causes anymore than a few tenths a lap of racing.

ouch wheel man:p :p :D :D

bill

i didn't spin anyone out. it was when marty and shannon spun me out. a black flag at that. get your story strait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1;)

Oh, poor baby wolf

they didn't mean to spin you out, they where just trying to get you loose. They learned it all from you, but you aren't a very good teacher because they tapped a little to hard and unlike you they got caught. You forgot to teach them how not to let that happen, Like Bobby said if you don't like what happens at DRR stay away. I personally won't miss your whining. Oh, so sorry that is called howling , isn't it. :D :D :D

You mini stock guys are an embarassment to racing in this area. Shut up and race. You would think you were driving something important. I've been to Doe Run twice and even though the track was a pretty nice little place I watched stupid crap like this arguing both times I was there. You need to check out I-55 to see how it's run and at least try to imatate them.

What???

Listen Up Tuna Fish. I Don't Know Who The Hell You Are And I Really Don't Give A S*!t But Lets Get Something Straight, If You Idolize I-55 So Much, Stay There. Doe Run Is Home To Some Of The Best Drivers You'll Ever Find. Arguements Will Be Found At Any Track You Go To. I'm Sure You Know That. I-55 Has Nothing To Imitate But A Bunch Of Front-wheel Street Cars And Thats No Fun Pulling An E-brake In The Corners. Our Mini-stocks May Not Be Important To You But They Are To Us. We're In It For Fun, And The Rules Now Will Enable All The Drivers To Have Fun With A Chance At Winning. Not All Of Us Can Afford Big $$$ To Dump In A Motor Or Setup.
Anyway, For You To Come On Here And Tell Us To Shut Up And Race Is Pretty Sh!tty On Your Part.
Seems You Might Be The Embarrasment Pal.

Wolfman_5 said:
i didn't spin anyone out. it was when marty and shannon spun me out. a black flag at that. get your story strait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1;)

HAHAHAHA thats the best think i have ever heard, its not called spinning someone out when that is your driving style. or maybe he likes hearing the BOOO birds..

The changes in the mini stock class for 2006 are,#1 rear tires will have to durameter 40 (you are allowed to run your soft tires on the front) in 2007 ALL vehicles will run IMCA modified tires on ALL 4 corners #2 motor must pull 15 inches vacuumn @ 900 rpm......... The compression rule will be something that will be looked into thru out this season and will more than likely take effect in 2007.We are trying to make the mini stocks more affordable.A couple of us are discussing a little extra added to the mini stock purse for someone that can win the feature with IMCA tires on all 4 corners in 2006.....Kenny

Hey Kenny Ill Have Imca Wheels On All Four Corners This Year Im Setting It Up For It As We Speek Trying To Get Some Extra Imca Tires Right Now Also I Thought It Was 16 Or 17 In Of Vaccume At 1000 Rpms Thats What I Got Wrote Down I Could Be Wrong Though But Any Ways Hope Every One Is Getting Ready For The 2006 Season It Will Be Intereasting.

Hey Kenny I read your post and just want to make sure. We don't have to run an "IMCA" tire until 07, so I could run any hard tire in 06 as long as they are atleast 40 on the durameter?

Yes, the tires on the front can be soft but the rear tires have to be IMCA tires or durameter 40 in 2006.IMCA tires will be manditory in 2007. Bob was looking over old rules and came up with the 15 inches of vaccumn @ 900 RPM. We checked Shannons out the other nite and his pulled 15 @ 9800..........LOL

Make sure you check that Wheel guys truck real well this year Kenny. I have spies out watching him and they saw him buying cheater parts.

WAIT!!!!!

The guy they described that he bought these cheater parts from sounds an awful alot like Kenny.:eek: :eek: :eek:

;) :p :D

Back