the bloomquist tire

PeepsNLy28

28 16 or 50
im not saying at all that anybody has done that.but.is there any testing like that done in any of the ump tracks around here.i dont know of any that i know of that inspects rubber after a race.i may b wrong.but after a feature race at belleville.pev.or highland.do they look at that stuff.im just asking cos i dont know.the race he got busted with was a big race.but so is being a ump champ.again im not saying nobody has done that.but is that som the local tracks have 2 look at just over a 1000 doller feature win.i really dont know if they do those tests. or if 5 years down the road it would b allowed.like traction control just asking

im going 2 bring this up again cos its funny and it has 2 do with tires.when hammerly accidently ran over some screws and they found it in his tires and said it gave him more traction and took a feature away from him was the best.point being.u can c screws in a tire.it was on accident.do we have 2 have tire sniffing dogs at the tracks now.

heres my last question.the tire rules and all the other good stuff.if a driver. back in the 60s 70s and 80s had a way 2 get over on the rest of the field.what would it of been.ive seen the whole weighin the gas out so when the car goes cross the scales crap.my best 4instince was when jack hall ripped chip thomas roof and showed it was fiberglass roof.yet again.im not saying it was wrong.but if u got a good story.and u know u guys do.ive sen a bunch.after being in the pits 4 a long time.and don hildebrand can not answer.lol

On the local level they have used chemical detectors (sniffers) on tires. However, the tire treatment manufacturers have those sniffers as well and design their treatment not to be detected by those.

WoO sent Bloomquist's tire to an lab to have it analyzed and that is how they discovered he was using something. It is pretty expensive to do that so I'm not sure it is feasible to do it regularly on the local level.

W.O.O used Scott`s words against him.The first time he was caught he said everyone was doing it because when you walk across the pits the smell was so bad it would give you a headache.W.O.O said his tires had the same odor so they had them checked,I really doubt Scott could smell the tire treatment coming off competitors tires and I doubt a W.O.O official could really smell anything when near Scott`s car.

One question back in the 80s did anyone ever get caught running nitrous oxide that used to be a big rumor back then just like the traction control and tire cheating is now.

The fishy part is they never said what the chemical was.

I understand not wanting to name the chemical so the treatment guys don't know but if you are going to suspend somebody, cost them $22,000 +, and bring down their name. I think you better have your ducks in a row before doing so.

Bloomquist has also claimed his tire was taken by WOO and held for roughly 24 hours before they sealed it and sent it off. I don't think WOO doctored it up in that time but it should be sealed immediately when sending it to a lab.

I predict the suspension and fine will not hold up in court.

On the local level they have used chemical detectors (sniffers) on tires. However, the tire treatment manufacturers have those sniffers as well and design their treatment not to be detected by those.

WoO sent Bloomquist's tire to an lab to have it analyzed and that is how they discovered he was using something. It is pretty expensive to do that so I'm not sure it is feasible to do it regularly on the local level.

Exactly. Lab tests as he said are very expensive. So what they can do for now is use their Eagle tire sniffer, Durometer, or whatever else they think will work. Ending of the story? Well until they consistently send tires away and catch people, emphasis on catch, it is all for not. Or make it economical for everyone and get rid of the rule. But I'm on the other side of the fence of course.

JMO but if there are suspisions of anyone using tire treatment/softner, local or in a national series the tire should be cofiscated. Then the owner of the tire should be given a chance to fess up, if they don't at that point the tire should be sent to a lab with the understanding that if the tire is found to be doped the owner of the tire will be liable for the testing costs, a fine(hefty), and suspension.

Intake that makes complete sense. But what if the tire comes back legal, and the next tire after that comes back legal, and so on and so on. Well at what point will UMP say "Wow, that's a hefty bill. We can't afford to do this anymore." Do you see the problem there? WoO can afford to do lab tests. UMP can not if they don't catch people. I'm not trying to be a smart a**, but do you see my point?

Nope, DIRTcar should just spend the money and go hard after the guys early on and make the fines hefty enough to recoup lab expenses. It won't take too many to get the point across! WoO, UMP, DIRTcar are all owned by World Racing Group.

Exactly. Lab tests as he said are very expensive. So what they can do for now is use their Eagle tire sniffer, Durometer, or whatever else they think will work. Ending of the story? Well until they consistently send tires away and catch people, emphasis on catch, it is all for not. Or make it economical for everyone and get rid of the rule. But I'm on the other side of the fence of course.

Nope, DIRTcar should just spend the money and go hard after the guys early on and make the fines hefty enough to recoup lab expenses. It won't take too many to get the point across!

With all due respect, what if they don't catch anyone Jimmy??? Who's stuck holding the bill??? UMP. Are they willing to take that chance? Well they may say they are, but we will see. I don't know their financial situation, I won't act like I do, but if they swing and miss to many times that will hurt. No matter the financial situation.

Jimmy please give me a call. We can have a civil conversation about this. You may not see my point, but there is validity to what I'm saying. My number is posted, call me when you get a chance.

It's not expensive if you only send one guys tire to the lab. :rolleyes:

Let see Bloomer didn't win every thing he ran in, so either the tire treatment isn't that big of a deal benefit wise, or some other guys are cheating too!!!!

Intake that makes complete sense. But what if the tire comes back legal, and the next tire after that comes back legal, and so on and so on. Well at what point will UMP say "Wow, that's a hefty bill. We can't afford to do this anymore." Do you see the problem there? WoO can afford to do lab tests. UMP can not if they don't catch people. I'm not trying to be a smart a**, but do you see my point?
hey smart one WOO and UMP are owned by the same group WORLD GROUP and UMP does some kind of testing at the Dream and the World

hey smart one WOO and UMP are owned by the same group WORLD GROUP and UMP does some kind of testing at the Dream and the World

I understand that UMP and WoO are owned by the same company. That doesn't necessarily mean that both sanctioning bodies have the same budget. I don't know if you guys realize but WoO hasn't checked very many tires in a lab either. As far as UMP, well I don't know if they ever have(don't know that to be a fact though). Think of it this way, Pepsi may own several different companies. But they don't all have the same budget to advertise. The same probably goes for our topic. UMP's profit each year probably pales compared to the profit of WoO, which in turn probably means that WoO has a lot more to spend. And with that, they still haven't tested as many tires as you guys would like UMP to do. This would NOT be financially responsible, simply as that. If they don't catch people cheating after sending tires to a lab, then what? They eat the bill. And a BIG one at that. I'm not arguing whether tire prep should be illegal with this post, simply stating that if they do what you guys want them to do and it doesn't work. Then what? That would hurt their wallet. Let's be honest with ourselves folks, if they didn't care about the bottom line(money) at the end of the year, they wouldn't charge you 40 dollars a night to see them race. Love or hate my point, I do have one.

It's not expensive if you only send one guys tire to the lab. :rolleyes:

Let see Bloomer didn't win every thing he ran in, so either the tire treatment isn't that big of a deal benefit wise, or some other guys are cheating too!!!!

There are many people treating tires and people would be ignorant to not think so. If anyone has run treated tires(done correctly of course) they would know the benefit of it. So in the end, it would break these fans hearts that are SOOO against tire prep to know that their hero is probably breaking the rules as well.

There are many people treating tires and people would be ignorant to not think so. If anyone has run treated tires(done correctly of course) they would know the benefit of it. So in the end, it would break these fans hearts that are SOOO against tire prep to know that their hero is probably breaking the rules as well.

Well there you go, you answered your own question!!

If there are many people doping tires, then as they get caught by the lab or their own ignorance, the fine pool should more than take car of the lab costs.

Traction control and Tire softeners are comparable to steroids in baseball.Racers can't police themselves,so maybe our heros all have a tainted career. Until someone dies from using these chemicals nothing will change. I'll just try to enjoy the races while I still can. I still say a good driver doesn't need this CRAP to be a winner!

With all due respect, what if they don't catch anyone Jimmy???

Not catch anyone????? Are you kidding me?????? They just caught one of the best red handed, and he has openly has stated that everyone is doing it. Even you yourself have openly advertised your services on this forum. It wouldn't take long at all to finance a lot of testing.

With all due respect....can't you see the problem? Probably not because you are part of the problem.... Much like a dope addict living in denial.

Back