The Daily Dirt Feb. 21st

Saluki Dog

Saluki Dog
These past few days have been extremely busy. Running here and there and doing so much. Today was a long day. Early to work, and late to leave. I drove home tonight with the window opened part of the way. The temperature was excellent. I left the radio off and it was nice. I was almost home when; I was stopped by a train. While I was sitting there a thought came over me. This was the first time in a long time that I just sat and listened. Listened to anything besides the radio, or people asking me questions, or people on the phone. I was just listening to the train and listening to the wind. It was awesome. After a bit I started thinking. I started thinking that I really need to stop and listen to God more. As I am driving back and forth to work each day I am always praying. While I am praying, I am always paying attention to the road and thinking about what the other drivers might do. It seems as if my mind is always going a hundred miles and hour. I am asking God for this or that, or for him to help someone, or guide me in this or lead me in that, always talking. Never listening. God wants us to talk to him. But he wants us to listen to him as well. We cannot hear what God has to say if we never stop and listen. In the past I have always jumped on something asking God for the right answer and then not waited for the answer. I talked myself into the answer. And I tell you there have been bad answers. Job 29:21 "Men listened to me expectantly, waiting in silence for my counsel.

Talk to God. Be silent and listen to God. He will talk to you. He will answer when the time is right. And the right answer will be on time. Give God a chance to speak. He didn’t interrupt you.

Back