The Daily Dirt Feb.8th

Saluki Dog

Saluki Dog
Prayer: A humble and sincere request. Is that how you pray?

People everywhere pray. You see people praying over their meal in a restaurant. They have prayer at the racetrack and if you watch the Daytona 500, you will see thousands praying before that race. They have it at sporting events, graduations, and celebrations. There has been a Congressional prayer, before each meeting since the early 1700’s. From the littlest thing to the biggest thing, people have prayer.

Do we really understand how powerful prayer is? Prayer has healed the sickest of individuals. A person, who you thought that could never have been changed, has been changed and saved because of prayer. Do we take prayer too lightly? I find myself driving down the road saying a little prayer a lot. Have you ever prayed for the Lord to help you when you are behind that slow car and they will not move into the slow lane? I pray little prayers in all kinds of situations and places. You always hear not to pray for something that you are not ready to receive. If we are smart, we will pray for the answer in buying things like a house or a car, about a new job, or about finances. In anything and everything we need to seek the Lord will by prayer. God listens and hears our prayers. (Mark 11:24) 24:Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. That tells it all. Now you may not get the answer that you want. But God knows what the right answer is, and he will answer you prayers.

In all things big or small, in emergencies and in calm times, wins or losses, before you go to sleep and when you wake we need to pray. God listens, God knows, and God will answer. I personally do not think God cares if it is a tiny little prayer or a long complicated prayer. I believe he just wants you to talk to him. Seek his wisdom and guidance and give him the praise through prayer.

I do not care what laws are trying to be passed or what a group or organization does to try and stop prayer, I will always praise God and seek God in prayer.

Back