"The Green Oil"

Tommy T

We are getting ready for the season we came across an old oil with a new name. We found Penn Grade 1 which is the old green oil. Heard that Kinder, Donnie Moran and some others have been using it. Any info?

oil

thats all i just last year in my mod was brad penn like jimmy said mullins machine shop will gladly sell you as much as you may need .

dont be fooled by over priced snake oil. petrolium is petrolium is petrolium, buy a quality oil, valvoline penzoil, quaker sludge, whatever your preference, and use a good quality mineral based friction modifier such as stp. The best on the market comes from a california based company called pure power, it is a real thin weight that gives the protection of a heavy oil like 20 w 50 or 60/70w. The most available is lucas, you can even buy it at walmart. Bottom line is if your engine builder wants snake oil let him sell you as much over priced snake oil that you can get your little hands on!

Oil

Check out the karting scene, a different color/odor for each day of the week. And just about every engine builder is peddling a different variety, and they are all worth a tenth off lap times :rolleyes:

the best green oil on the market is the old kendall racing oil,there are two kinds,the high performance kendall ****s it is like regular brown looking oil,but the green kendall racing oil is wonderful..we have tested vertually every oil out their and kendall racing is the best,doesnt break down or get milky with alky,always comes out of our engines like new.

just to let you know racer94 Brad Penn refineries used to pump oil for Kendall until Kendall got bought out and who ever bought it started using cheaper oil. So Brad Penn refineries started packaging and selling their own oil.

The old green Kendal was pretty good stuff for alcahol, and reasonibly priced, however the company has changed hands, and it is not the same anymore.

The best thing to do is break your engine in on standard oil, and then switch to Mobil1 if you run gas, or RoyalPurple if you run alcahol. The experts say that Mobil1is not compatible with alcahol, and should not be used with it. I feel, and the experts agree, that synthetic oils lubricate better, decrease temperatures, and reduce friction, leading to longer oil life, and longer parts life. Just my two cents, by no means am I telling anyone not to do what there engine builders say to do, if it is thier engine put what they reccomend in it.

Dean I beg to differ with you. Yes the name Kendall was sold from the refinery in Bradford Pa but the new company American Refining Group Inc. continues to make the "The Green Oil" but as of now its called Penn Grade 1 racing oil it comes in 10W-30, 20W-50, SAE 50 and Nitro 70. It seems more and more of the top engines guys are starting to use and recomend it.

ok, Look, Brad Penn Oil Is The Old Kendall!!! I Just Bought 5 Cases Of It And You"d Have Thought It Was Christmas Morning. Thank You To Mullins Racing Engines, Met Them Yesterday, Fine People With A Bright Future In Mod Engines.

Back