The Kevin Doty Classic

All I can say is WOW!!! What a great night of racing. Espically in the midgets, what a battle up front between Darren Hagen and Brad Kuhn. Trading slide jobs for the lead in every corner for the first 16 laps, it doesn't get any better than that. Who knows what would of happened the other 24 laps(damn Lap cars) On a side note, nice steering wheel toss by Mr Hagen, lol.

Hope that Craig Budde is okay after his viloent flip in the feature. It looked bad at first when his throttle was hung like that, I assume he was out cold for a short time. It was good to see him walk to the ambulance though.

Thank you Tri city for a great night of open wheel racing!

I couldn't agree with you more.. once again just confirmed why I would drive 100 miles to watch non-wing sprints before i would drive across town to watch 410 winged sprints.. the non-wing stuff just seems to be so much more conducive to good side by side racing and slide jobs are just the icing on the cake!

Kudos to Tam and Kev on an outsanding night of racing!

That was some spectacular racing! Midget feature was UNBELIEVABLE! You couldn't keep count of the number of slide jobs taking place lap after lap! Also, Derek King making a pass for the lead with just a couple of laps to go in the Micro feature!

There were several nasty flips. Hated to see Wade Seiler destroy his car too. Glad they all were able to walk away. Kevin & crew have some fence work to do in turn one! lol..

Even more awesomer than last year! Anyone race fan that doesn't experience a USAC/POWERi race at Tri-City is really missing out. Some of those passes looked impossible to make and there was plenty of action throughout the field. Too bad some drivers refused to heed the move-over and black flags. Nothing like having your senses pounded by those 410 sprints either. Glad no one was seriously injured in the crashes. The micro-sprints don't seem suited for a track that big though. Other than the closing laps of the feature, most of those races were over after two laps. Then they strung out single-file like Cup cars on a mile and a half oval. Thanks to the Gundakers for bringing these events to late model/modified country. Variety is the spice of life.

Back