The kinder side of Racers.

LUGNUT

Ok folks, everyone wants to complain about how bad racers act, about how rough the track is, about anything and everything. But for a change I'd like to point out something positive and say a personal thank you to the racers. Last night while the lights were out at Pevely they had junior fan club and the drivers who were asked brought out their cars and let the kids take a ride, but Bobby Bittle not to be outdone, lets his fan drive a few laps around the track. As a dad I'm sure this kids parents were smiling ear to ear and I know that the kid had an experience that he will never forget. And I was lucky enough to get a shot that I feel is priceless. So Bobby Bittle THANK YOU for going above and beyond and making this a special night for the kid. And thanks to all the drivers who do this for these kids. I'm not sure who was smiling more or having more fun, Bobby or the little kid.http://www.stlracing.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23865&cat=813

Lugnut

Bobby

Bobby Bittle is one of the nicest drivers out there...He ALWAYS takes time to talk to ALL of his fans NO matter their age I have personally seen him stop a conversation with an adult just to talk to the kids, He is a SUPER NICE GUY...ON & Off the track. Always has a smile and wave for his fans You can just tell that he truly is there just too have fun and to make sure that his fans have fun. :)

That is the way Bobby Bittle has been, is and always will be. He is there to have fun and put on a good show. He has had a very good year this year and will be the point winner at both Belle Clair and I-55. He already is the winner at I-55 with over a 300 point lead over second place.

"That Was Awesome!" says Shane Jumper

LUGNUT said:
Last night while the lights were out at Pevely they had junior fan club and the drivers who were asked brought out their cars and let the kids take a ride, but Bobby Bittle not to be outdone, lets his fan drive a few laps around the track. As a dad I'm sure this kids parents were smiling ear to ear and I know that the kid had an experience that he will never forget. And I was lucky enough to get a shot that I feel is priceless. So Bobby Bittle THANK YOU for going above and beyond and making this a special night for the kid. And thanks to all the drivers who do this for these kids..http://www.stlracing.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23865&cat=813

Lugnut

Yes--BOTH the "kids" parents were smiling ear to ear! Shane was sooo excited that HE got to drive the racecar all by himself with no help from Bobbie. Shane said that Bobbie didn't even get scared when he got close to the wall! Bobbie has always been a big hit with Shane. Shane remembers Bobbie and some of the crew coming to the house and he also remembers us delivering parts to Bobbie at the racetrack. One of the things that makes Bobbie a big hit at our house is that Bobbie, his family and his crew will always take the time to talk to Shane and both of his parents, no matter what the situation maybe.

Thanks again Bobbie! Shane had the time of his life!

Thanks to Lugnut for capturing the "pricelss" Kodak moment! What a great shot! Thanks for sharing!

Impressive

Thanks for putting the name with the "kid" after seeing the shot I got I wrote down his name, but the rain seems to have eaten my notes I had from last night. All I can say is that Bobby Bittle earned another fan last night. I have always liked his driving style, and his ability to wheel a car. He always seems to drive clean and with respect to his competitors, but there is alot more to a racer then that. Alot goes into how you handle your sponsors and your fans, and Bobby sure seems to know how to do that. Again thanks to Bobby and all the others who have done this in the past and will do it in the future.

Lugnut

Birthday Party at Belle-Clair Speedway

Friday night at Belle-Clair a family held a birthday party for their 8 year old daughter. Apparently they had invited her classmates from her school and their families. We witnessed the face of an eight year old light up when her favorite driver Bobby Bittle #89 came out with a Birthday sign on his car for her and Hollywood Harris #43 came into the stands to wish her Happy Birthday. This little girl was on cloud nine and I found myself being jealous of her and wishing I was little again and had a birthday party at the races. I had asked the mom how they knew these drivers and she stated just from going in the pits after the races. She stated that her and her husband picked their drivers by the way they treat their two children and how the children react to them. Let me say, from what I saw, these two children picked winners. I know from now on they will get my approval.

Just an observer.

Race Drivers

I agree with the fact that you will find some drivers that will go out of their way for a kid that visits them in the pits. My son always wants to go and visit with Doug Wood after the races. Doug took the time out to talk, give him an autographed picture and autograph his shirt to him one time and he was hooked. There are other drivers that are oblivious to a kid standing there after the races.

I make my rounds in the pits with my kids and their friends. THANK YOU to those drivers that take the time out for the kids. Nothing will make a kids and even parents evening more than taking a moment to sign an autograph or say HI or ask them if they enjoyed the race.

It means so much and you may even gain a life long fan in just taking that minute.

Back