The loss of my good friend, mentor, and Crew Chief Jerry Sifford.

bdavis

bdavis
Jerry Sifford Passed away sometime late yesterday afternoon. The family is making funeral arrangements and I will update the post as soon as I get the information. Jerry has been my crew chief for the last 4 years and a dear friend for the last 5 years. He means the world to me and I'm sure many of you. He will be greatly missed.

Beau Davis

This is truely sad news. Jerry was one of the area's great race car drivers from back in the day. He will be greatly missed at the track.

John Barr
The Trashdog

he will be truly missed by all,He was 1 of the reason for my love of racing and to go to lakehill and see him was a big part of my life,

Jerry you will be sadly missed

forever a fan

Jerry was a close personalfriend of me and my family, my daughters called him grandpa. He was my crewchief and engine builder for years, he's the one who converted me from drag racing to stock car racing. He told me anybody can drive in a srraight line. He will be deeply missed in the Mcgraw household, and in all of our hearts. HOT ROD TODD MCGRAW

We will miss Jerrys wisdom, knowledge and sense of humor...glad we got to know him when we did...He will be missed by many! RIP Jerry.

Lee and Amy Pruitt

I Am Really Glad To Have Met Jerry And That He Signed My Coupe At The Lakehill Reunion. He Will Be Missed.

i am really sorry to hear this because jerry was a great guy just like the rest of your pit crew he picked on me!!! he will deffinately be missed!!! our thoughts and prayers are with you his many other friends and family!!! god bless!!!!! let us know if you need anything!!!!!!

shannon and the miss 33 cj crew

Beau, sorry to hear the loss of Jerry. We talked to him several times @ MCS and will have to say he was a very special and friendly man. Our thoughts and prayers will be with Jerry's family and the Davis'............. Harris Motorsports

Sadly the St. Louis area racing community has been hit hard the past few weeks with the loss of some great racers who were legends in our sport

God bless Jerry and his family.

TTG/MM

Jerry was a huge help to me with my modified and was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I loved hearing his stories about racing back in the early days. He will be missed.

John Gornet

As is with a lot of you, Jerry will also be missed dearly by Stotler racing. Jerry and my dad Fred go way back. I can remember as a little boy going down to his shop and spending many saturdays with him and his boys. One day, I was down there and up pulled a Cadillac. Jerry asked me "do you know who this is?" At the time I didn't, and guess who it was? Kenny Schraeder. To this day Jerry has done a ton for our racing program. I just hope I can take a part of his knowledge and be half as successful as he was in a racecar. God bless you Jerry and may your spirit and memories live on around these racetracks.

Steve Stotler

I believe this information will be posted again, but I just received word that Jerry Sifford's memorial service will be Thursday, February 21 starting at 4:00 p.m. at the Arnold VFW Hall. The address is 2301 Church Rd.

All are invited to stop by the VFW Hall in Arnold, Mo, on Thursday, February 21st, 4-8pm to reminisce about Jerry with Family and Friends.

The VFW is located at Jeffco & Church Rd---2301 Church Rd. Please use the South Side entrance.

Please come and bring your favorite memory, race stories or other interesting stories of Jerry and share with Family and Friends.

VFW Hall
2301 Church RD (Jeffco & Church Rd)
Arnold, MO 63010
Thursday, February 21
4:00pm-8:00pm
Refreshments provided

R.I.P. Jerry

Who doesnt have a Sifford story to tell? ........ If you don't you missed out, He was one of a kind - one of the greatest guys you could ever have known. He was a Hero, a Buddy and a great Friend to so many over the years. Always a smile and a laugh you could never forget. I'll allways remember the last time we spoke..... as we shook hands, he said Marty..... I'll talk to Ya later. Classic Sifford

He can never be replaced, only remembered for the fun and good times we all had together.

If there is a hereafter.......
I suspect that Sifford, Phillips, Bill Schrader and my Mom will be waiting at Greenups or Truck Port for all of us. I just hope they order my eggs up, with a salad on the side.

I'm going to miss you Jerry

Marty Heutel
Lake Hill Speedway

Jerry in happier days holding the checkered flag for Beau Davis in victory lane at Montgomery County Speedway.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Attachments

• l_3771576d9034251d58343628389f891b.jpg
    l_3771576d9034251d58343628389f891b.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 162
What a loss

My only memory of Jerry was him Hot Laping that car at the LakeHill Reunion..What a great guy......My dad has told me a ton of stories about him...I think this is a picture of Jerry and Ray Eby at the reunion....God Speed ....

Tim Hoffman

Attachments

• jr.jpg
    jr.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 174
I first met Jerry the first year I announced at Tri-City in 1989. He was helping his son Bart get his car going. I introduced myself and he treated me like he had known me for years. A great guy if there ever was one. Rest in Peace Jerry.

Back