"The Silver Shark" Picks up Ralph Latham Memorial Win

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(Bright, IN) Scott James Motorsports continued their hot streak this weekend as they picked up one victory and another Top Five finish in the two races that they entered. Scott unloaded his Baylor Trucking / Powell Motorsports #83 BRC Lazer G-2 Monte Carlo on Saturday night at Florence Speedway in Union, KY and on Sunday night at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH. The event on Saturday was a Battle of the Bluegrass Series event and paid $5,000 to the winner. The race at Eldora on Sunday was an ALMS sanctioned event and paid $2,000 to win.

Scott was able to stretch his Battle of the Bluegrass point lead on Saturday when he passed race leader Darrell Lanigan for the lead late in the event at Florence. Scott picked up $5,000 for his efforts in the ‘Ralph Latham Memorial.’ “It was a ball out their driving a car that was that good,” said Scott from his shop on Tuesday. “We took our regular Florence setup and took it even farther and clicked on something pretty good. I could put my car anywhere on the track that it needed to go and that was a real key in this victory.”

The next night Scott headed north to the world-famous Eldora Speedway to compete on the fast ½-oval in west-central Ohio. Scott had an up and down night after his victory at Florence, as he had a left rear tire come off the rim during the heat race. This caused Scott to spin out and get collected by several other cars and cause major front-end damage. The crew vigorously went to work repairing the #83 and was able to get him lined up for the consolation event, which he won. He started 22nd in the main event and was able to advance 17 positions to finish fifth, even though the race went caution free.

“As good as we were at Florence, I think we might have been even better during the feature at Eldora,” said Scott. “We just needed a caution to catch up to some of those guys and I think we were good enough to compete for the win. I just have to thank my crew and all of the other crews in the pit area that helped us get our car back together after the heat race incident. We were going to pack it up in the trailer, but then realized we were starting on the pole because they go back to qualifying times. I am glad we decided to fix it!”

Scott will continue his “Fin the World Tour 2003” this weekend when the #83 will be back in action at Thunder Ridage Racing and Entertainment Complex in Prestonsburg, KY on Friday and Saturday night. Both events will be Battle of the Bluegrass sanctioned events and will pay $3,000 and $5,000 to win respectively. Keep up with Scott this weekend by visiting the Battle of the Bluegrass website located at www.battleofthebluegrass.com and by logging on Scott James Motorsports official home on the web at www.scottjamesmotorsports.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back