the track ****ed!!!!!!!!!!!

fastone

fastone
when is ray marler going to realize to much water on the track makes the track to fast and causes most of the wrecks if the people in the stands dont understand they will get dirty at a dirt track ,then stay home, the shower washes off all of the dirt, he better take care of his drivers first, without them there wont be a show!!!!!!!

I disagree on this post. One thing the I-55 Raceway does get black cause the fans and the drivers like the track changes during the race. If the track dont changes well you better find something or do something to like the track. I love that track cause Ray does a good job working on the track. He knows his stuff and know how the track works.

The track is too fast ! !

:eek: :eek: That's a good one !!

If your guy can't handle the speed tell him to slow down :eek: :eek:

Never heard anyone say after the races ... " wow, did you see the way those guys feathered the throttle around the track while they stayed single file " .

TACKY = RACY ...... JUST SAY NO TO DRY SLICK TRACKS & TRAIN RACING !! ;)

Good God!!!! First people biatch and moan about the track being too dry, and now it's too wet. Shut up and drive!

As for track conditions, I have realized what is causing the phenomenon of turns 1 & 2 going away before 3 & 4. When you are sitting in the stands, note the pattern of the sunlight on the track as the sun sets. Turns 1 & 2 get much more sunlight on them, and therefore dries out more than 3 & 4. That's also why the backstretch slicks over much quicker than the front stretch.

fastone said:
when is ray marler going to realize to much water on the track makes the track to fast and causes most of the wrecks if the people in the stands dont understand they will get dirty at a dirt track ,then stay home, the shower washes off all of the dirt, he better take care of his drivers first, without them there wont be a show!!!!!!!

All that in one sentance. Wow. (hint-> generally, questions end with a question mark thingy "?")

If the track is too tacky, small motor guys complain, wrecks happen more, and equipment gets tore up.

If the track is too dry, big motor guys complain, wrecks happen more, and equipment gets tore up.

if the track is just right, everyone complains, wrecks happen more, and equipment gets tore up.

See a pattern?

Tim

Can't we all just get along....

The track at I-55 changes by the minute. Everyone who races there knows that - or should... That is why you see everyone out there hot lapping then run to the pits and change accordingly. I-55 has one of the best prepped tracks out there.

I know exactly what the problem is!

I have a friend who is a racer from Beecher City Illinois, and he knows all the people around the B-Town racetrack area. I once told him when a promoter quit that he should be the promoter, as he knows everyone and would be perfect for the job! He said, "I don't want to listen to those crybaby drivers, I want to be one of those crybaby drivers"!!!!!! That is it in a nutshell, "WE" are never happy, too dry, too wet, too slick, too tacky!! Well "WE" don't count, its the fans who count, and in this ever changing world if the fans want to go home clean, the promoter better make it happen! I know this is the chicken or the egg effect! No drivers and you have no fans, no fans and you need no drivers, but it really isnt like that! If you have a fan friendly track, the drivers will come cuz the fans are there and YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR SPONSORS IN FRONT OF THE MOST FANS YOU CAN, PERIOD! If you go somewhere else there will be another driver to replace you! With tracks failing around the country every week, you should be happy your promoter does what it takes to keep the MONEY (fans) coming in!!!! JMO, but it is the way it is!

Ray Marler is the Ultimate Perfectionist. Ray Marler also has a HUGE ULCER :eek: :eek: :D Not really J/K ... Well maybe but I made that up. LOL !!!!
Ray Marler wants to try to make everyone HAPPY. He is very concerned what the drivers think about the track and the fans as well. And when the track goes south on him during the night boy his BVD's sure get all in a wad. I have seen this man after the races apologizing for the track conditions because something just did not go right. I really RESPECT and APPRECIATE him and his knowledge and for taking the chances he does. He will take risks and try something new. And if he does not get it right he will be the first to admit it. I am just so LUCKY to have a facility of the quality and the cars right in my back yard. Man o Man the quality of the cars and drivers is second to none.

Now track to dry - Track to wet ahhh Hell what Cowracer said :)

I personally feel Ray does a good job at prepping the track. The track changes so much during the course of a racing night you can't expect to have the perfect track you want. If you want that perfect track then make your own, because there isn't a track out there that will fit every driver. JMO.

As Lisa says Ray knows when he doesn't do the best job. He is very hard on himself and wants to make everyone happy. He really does do a great job at it too. The track was tacky and a little rough Wednesday, but the racing was great. No freight trains=good racing. There was some carnage, which ****s, but overall it was a pretty good night.

You also cannot forget with how little rain we have been getting lately and the how hot it is been. The race tracks in the area are taking a beating. All of the promoters will have trouble getting good track conditions. And I have to agree that I-55 has always been one of the best prepared tracks in the area. Rarely do I go down there and not see a good show.

Back