The Unsung Heroes of Racing....

Bad Weed

If you got 1.....Pull It!
As a kid I would go to the race track on Saturday night to see my favorite drivers (My Heroes). These are the guys that go out there every weekend and put their money and hearts on the lines for us. Not til recently have I noticed that there are some people we should thank as well.... I want to thank the wives, girlfriends, children, families & crews. You are the people that put part of your lives on hold to support these drivers on and off the track. The sacrifices you people make should not go unnoticed. Too often we take for granted that we go to the track and expect to see a full pit area full of cars and some good racing, then we go home. If you've not done so already, go down in the pits after the races and meet these people behind the scenes. Get to know them and let them know that they make a difference. To these unsung heroes I say THANK YOU!!!!!!!:)

I agree with what you said, but one of the biggest unsung hero groups are the track officials. They get all of the blame and none of the credit. They are yelled at, screamed at, underpaid, under appreciated and they are always the reason why certain drivers never win a race. To all the track officials everywhere: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK (and wear earplugs).

Good Rule Of Thumb? If You Like/want To Race, Find A Woman Who Likes Racing. At Least Thats What I Figured Out Through Experience. Like It Or Not, If Mamma Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy!

Officials? There Are Good And No So Good Ones. But, No Matter What The Call, They Will Usually Have Someone Chewing Their Tail.

I think that explains my poor success in my bride search, just have to find the right gal that likes racing...lol

John Barr
The Trashdog

Thank you Bad Weed, the wives never get credit for any of the aspects of the racing team. So I sincerly appreciate the "thank you".

28s wife
Amy

My wife is, I believe, someone special,she puts up with my long hours out in the garage,specially if the car gets torn up.And when she and my daughter are at the races not only does she have me to worry about but her brother races in the same class I do.SO to her "I say thanx Kay for lettin me live out my dream".

How Many Of You Guys Get Your Wife Or Girlfriend To Wash The Car After A Night At The Races? Well Mine Does And I Give Her Much Thanks For That And Everything Else She Does. THANKS BARB. And Thanks To Everyone Who Has Helped Me Throughout The Year.

You know what, honestly this has the potential to be the "best" post placed on this site all season. Saying "thank you" to those who deserve it and don't get the credit is way past due. It's so much better than the whinning and crying.....

I want to say thank you to my pick up truck that keep me going to and from the races.....LOL just kidding, thanks to all the people who make it happen week after week.... You guys are ausome.....

My wife says that I can get a modified after she gets a new diamond ring. I guess Andy was right, when she's not happy ain't nobody happy! LOL!

I truely appreciate everyone in the racing community, drivers, wives, children, friends, family, track officials, and fans!!! We couldn't have any of the great racing in the STL without a single one of you!!!

Millsey said:
You know what, honestly this has the potential to be the "best" post placed on this site all season. Saying "thank you" to those who deserve it and don't get the credit is way past due. It's so much better than the whinning and crying.....
Thanks Millsey. That was exactly my intentions.

Shoooooot, My Wife Got Mad At Me When I Mentioned Selling The Racecar When Things Didn't Go As Planned For Me This Year. She Even Started A Second Job Selling Real Estate...lol.....well, Not Just To Help Me Race...regaurdless, I'm Thinking I Have A Good One This Time!!!!!! :D Openning Night '05, Look Out I'll Be There! Then Maybe My 5 Year Old Son Will Stop Calling Me Chicken! :mad:

Back