This is a load of bul$hit

Trigger92

ok, first of all the modified guys sunday night got screwed because they let Griffaw come in after the heats were all done and they said well hes just chasing points well ya know wat if he can do that then y cant I wait until i know the modified conci is about to run and bring my $hit down and make it in to the feature I dont care wat anyone says that is bull

Yea I agree with you on that one cause thats bullcrap what they did. Well I was not there but its still bullcrap.

all tracks do that i went to godfrey a few yrs back got there late an they let me run semi an i made the feature thats nothing new could have had truck probs like i did getting there

i have seen dixon start shotgun on the field after getting there real late. nothing new. he(griffaw) earned his spot if he ran the b main to transfer to the a .

Trigger92 said:
ok, first of all the modified guys sunday night got screwed because they let Griffaw come in after the heats were all done and they said well hes just chasing points well ya know wat if he can do that then y cant I wait until i know the modified conci is about to run and bring my $hit down and make it in to the feature I dont care wat anyone says that is bull

Last year they let Dick Taylor come in and start at the back of the LM feature after he had already run at Highland.

My question would be what time did the Mod feature at Fayette get done that Griffaw made it to Granite in time for a semi. Brownstown is not exactly just a hop, skip, and jump down I-70.

I seem to remember a few years back Jimmy Burwell racing at Highland, finishing up and making it to Mt. Vernon in time to run the feature. It's not that odd of an occurance.

John Barr
The Trashdog

ive actually seen this happen too. last year bryan collins was at monkey city and it rained out and then he loaded it and dove to pevely in time to make the feature. so no supprise on griffaw trying to do that.

Theres No Difference In This Or If A Guy Has Problems In Hot Laps And Doesn't Make The Heat, Then Runs The Semi. If He Tagged Onto The Back Of The Semi.... Alls Fair! I Don't Know Of Any Track That Won't Let A Guy Do That.

It shouldn't matter where a driver is coming from. As long as he is there in time to attempt to qualify through normal means, be it through tagging on to the back of the semi, or in the case of Taylor last year, one spot remaining unfilled in the starting line-up, his arrival time is in-consuquential.

Oh my gosh...

que pasa said:
Yea I agree with you on that one cause thats bullcrap what they did. Well I was not there but its still bullcrap.
Que Pasa, do you have to throw your comments in everywhere? Do you even KNOW Rusty Griffaw???? Do you even really care if he left Brownstown (after winning I believe), drove to Tri-City in time to tag on the BACK of the B-Main, race his way not only close to the front but WIN the dang thing (again, from the back), make the A-Main, and put on a pretty good showing in the feature??? Why in the world do you (or anyone for that matter) say it it bullcrap??? I have NEVER been to a track that DIDN'T allow a driver to do that. ALL tracks do that...because sometimes a driver has problems and isn't able to race their heat. Then, they are forced to run the semi to try and make the feature...that's how it works. Rusty just LOVES to race!!! He loves being at the track. And, this was a challenge for him....he loves a challenge. As far as the whole chasing points thing......well, he had already WON earlier that day and you can only take your best finish for the week, so I'd say he already had the points issue covered. Like I said, Rusty just LOVES to race!!!!

Now, Que Pase, what if Mike Francis did the exact same thing????? Nothing against Mikey, but I'm just trying to put it in perspective for you. Would you still think it was bullcrap if it was one of YOUR favorite drivers??? Some may not like Rusty, but no rules were broken by allowing him to tag on back of the semi. It happens all the time.

I, for one, would like to take this time to congratulate Rusty on making it to Tri-City in time to tag on the back of the semi and race his way to the front! We have never doubted the fact that you can definitely race that #16 to the front. One things for sure....you go to WIN!!!! Good job!!!!

I wasn't there this weekend, but I have been involved with racing of all kinds for over 20 years, and I have NEVER seen a track refuse to take someones money and let them in! If Rusty, or anyone else, has the balls to come in late, pay his money, and start in the back of the consi - more power to them! I bet the fans were paying more attention to watching him try to make the feature than to anybody else in the race!

ive seen this happen a lot over the years.
nothin abnormal about it whatsoever.
i think when burwell came from highland that time,they actually held up the show a bit to give him time to get there.(shouldnt have ,but they did)

This has been a common practice for many years at most tracks. If you get there late then you go to the back of the consi or if there is no consi you go to the back of the feature. Then it's race on. I think the bull S H I T is the post.... After all alot of drivers go to one track and it gets rained out then they drive to another track and race... It's a NICE first post though!!!! Welcome aboard! And pasta what are you thinking silly boy ?

i understand were u are all comming from if it was my fav driver i wouldnt care but lay off of que pasa ok

Back