This past Saturday was special down @ Federated Auto Parts Raceway THANK YOU to all that helped

JD12

C.E.O Davinroy Motorsport
Just wanted to say THANK YOU again to all of the people who helped put together a special night for the kids down at Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 in Pevely MO! Dorothy Hoener and Janet Bittle did a ton of work in a short amount of time buying the prizes with the donations a lot of kids were all smiles. Also the young man who won the Polaris Outlaw 50 that Breese lawn and Garden gave us such a great deal on was on cloud nine, and his sister also won a bike. Their Dad called me yesterday and told me that he has been out of work for quite awhile and the kids have not had a whole lot of extra to look forward to. He was emotional telling me this and was sooo grateful that his kids had a chance to win because of everyone’s generosity. Our fans, Drivers, Crews, and Sponsors are the BEST. If you have not been down to Pevely for the races ever or in a while come on down you will not be disappointed. Next weekend both Friday and Saturday night we will be RACING!!!!
16578_179116548936355_414881047_n.jpg

The girls have done a Great job for quite a few years since Laura's passing. Special Thank you to them and all of their Friends and Family who have volunteered so much of thier time for the Kid's over these years. Its a Great group of folks! Very Special. As always Thank you to the Racer's and Sponsor's for giving to the fans & future of racing!

I haven't seen I-55 so packed like that in a few years. I think if I-55 would drop the gate prices for a few weeks to see if they get more people in the stands maybe more fans would be made. I know you cant have a 6.00 gate price all the time but maybe drop it from 12.00 to 10.00 to get in. You can make the 2.00 lost in food, soda and beer sales. It would help out families who don't go to I-55 every weekend.

I haven't seen I-55 so packed like that in a few years. I think if I-55 would drop the gate prices for a few weeks to see if they get more people in the stands maybe more fans would be made. I know you cant have a 6.00 gate price all the time but maybe drop it from 12.00 to 10.00 to get in. You can make the 2.00 lost in food, soda and beer sales. It would help out families who don't go to I-55 every weekend.
Good job of ruining a post thanking people. Learn how to start a new thread for your ideas.

I'd keep it $12 and do 4 events at $6....or something like that. Dropping $2 isn't noticeable but half price is and obviously was on Saturday. Great night of racing!

The crowd is always large for Fan Appreciation night, stacking the Quarter Race on top of it is a great idea. I hope that someone can pick up the gauntlet and continue the tradition. Planning such a large event has got to be a nightmare.

There are several factors why the crowds are so large for this..

1) The kids nickel race and giveaway is huge.
2) $6 admission
3) SFCR was off
4) Other local tracks had rained out the previous night.

#3 accounts somewhat for the 40 modifieds again.

Still, good times for all who was there. And hopefully we gained some more full time fans.

Did anyone see the line for the concession stand in turn 4! THAT made some money and is a testament to what happens when the place is all about the fans. The feel in the pit area was different too. Everyone wanted to run good in front of a packed house.

Saturday was a flashback, and hopefully an awakening to the powers that be. All around a great show. Thanks to everyone that made it happen.

Back