Thoughts and Prayers needed for Roger Stryker

Richard57

Roger was involved in a reaaly bad car wreck the other day. I will keep you all informed on how he is doing and hope for a speedy recovery.

You drink and drive you lose... He killed a young man that had a bright future ahead of him!!! I hope for fast fast recovery and pray for the family that lose there young son.

I did not hear anything about the wreck. Just heard from a family member that he was in the hospital and I send my thoughts and prayers to that young mans family.

Police: Alcohol likely factor in fatal crash

Staunton man, 26, dies after head-on collision

March 25, 2012 5:31 PM

ShareThis| Print Story | E-Mail Story

Telegraph staff report

ALHAMBRA - A head-on crash Sunday morning killed a Staunton man.

At 4:14 a.m., a 2000 Chevy Blazer driven by Roger Stryker, 41, of Worden, struck a 2003 Dodge Neon driven by Allen Wempe, 26, of Staunton, who was killed in the crash.

Wempe was traveling south on Illinois Route 4, one-half mile north of the intersection at Klenke Road, when Stryker's northbound vehicle crossed the centerline and struck Wempe's vehicle head on. Wempe's vehicle left the road and traveled down an embankment to the right of the crash. Wempe was pronounced dead at the scene.

Stryker's car left the road to the right, traveled down an embankment and caught fire. Stryker was transported to Anderson Hospital for treatment, where he is listed in serious condition.

Trooper Gebke of the Illinois State Police responded to the scene for reconstruction.

Stryker is suspected to have been driving under the influence. Reckless homicide charges are expected to be pursued, according to a press release from the Illinois State Police

Read more: http://www.thetelegraph.com/articles/stryker-67826-wempe-crash.html#ixzz1qMG3in91

Maybe this will serve as a reality check for all the fans and drivers who leave race tracks every Friday and Saturday night after drinking the whole night or sitting around after the races "just having a couple of drinks".

This is not good for everybody involved...Thoughts and Prayers to everyone. Let's wait to see what the answer is before jumping to conclusions.....:(

One thing I hate is someone who drinks and drives... I drive someone home every Friday and satnight from the races cause there toasted. If ya wanna play pay to have someone drive ya around. With that said I'm sorry your going through all this but on the bright side you have a father to still go see... My good friend lost her son and don't have a chance to see him again...

Back