Thunder Valley Speedway and Fastrak join forces for 2006

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
The infamous 4/10 mile dirt track in Lawn Dale, NC has signed on for the Fastrak “weekly sanctioning” package for the 2006 season. Track General Manager Terry Harris and Track Owner Steve Mason are excited about the prospects for 2006 utilizing the Fastrak weekly sanctioned program. Mason finalized his purchase of the facility in September 2005.

“I look for this program to increase our car counts dramatically,” stated Harris. “After meeting with Stan Lester, I posted the question to our drivers on our internet forum to see if they wanted to be Fastrak sanctioned. The response we received was simply unbelievable. I expected to see a few responses, but I never expected anything close to what actually took place--every team we talked to wanted to be Fastrak sanctioned. After that, there was no question which way Thunder Valley is headed.”

“There are a lot of teams that want to participate in something big,” added Harris, “and Fastrak is the perfect opportunity for them to do that. The Fastrak points fund is one of the largest in the country and I look forward to support, not only from our teams, but also from the local community. Fans also want to see teams running for something big. Fastrak weekly sanctioning at our track accomplishes that, and at very little cost to the track itself. There is a lot of excitement out there for the 2006 season--I haven’t seen people around here this excited in a long time.”

“Crate Late Models will be our feature class in 2006,” said Harris. “We ran crates in 2005, but I look for our car counts to increase significantly now that they are competing for the $250,000.00 Fastrak National Points Fund. I think our fans will see some of the most competitive racing ever. My understanding is that the Fastrak concept from the beginning has been to look out for the “weekly racer”. With a Points Fund of this size and the way the program is structured, that is exactly what Stan has done. I have been racing for a long time and this is the best program I have ever seen for weekly racers.”

“I look forward to racing at the Valley,” stated Lester.” I have always wanted to race there—now it is not only a Fastrak weekly sanctioned track but also scheduled with a Touring event.” The Fastrak $2000 to win Touring Event is scheduled for April 28th at Thunder Valley with the Series headed the very next night, April 29th, to Cherokee Super Speedway in Gaffney, SC for $2000 to win. “I appreciate Terry Harris and Lenny Buff working together” said Lester. “This will give our teams two nights in a row to compete, and with the current price of fuel, it really helps the racers’ budget having two races so close together.”

Thunder Valley Speedway
Lawndale NC
Terry Harris (828) 289-2377

www.thunder-valley.net
www.fastrakracing.com

Back