Tight in Loose out

trynmods

Is it true that the front end gets you in the turn(springs, shocks,ect.) and the rear gets you out? I really cant tell how the car goes into the turn I know that sound funny but I never really throw the car into the turn like most of the drivers but I can tell you its very loose coming out and I do try to ease into the throttle but its so loose it wants to spin me every time.
I dont have any scales the springs are 900lf 1100rf 250lr 200rr Offsets are 3"lf 2"rf 2"lr 3"rr Tire pressures are 12lf 25rf 20lr 22rr I have run the rr at 15 car was still loose. Im gettn beat mainly in the turns, Thanks for any help, Brian Forgot to mention its a 3300# aprox. metric SS @ TCS

"Bryan, try this. lf-4', lr-3", rf-2",rr-2" or lf-3",lr3",rf2",rr2" This is what works for me. drop your rear tire pressures about 4 lb. each. If you want to tighten up the car. drop the lf to 12 lb. and take out 2 lb. in the rr. If you want to loosen it up add a couple pounds to the lf and right rear.
Less air is tight, more air is loose.

As far as stagger I have 1 1/2 front 0(zero) rear. The only other beadlock I have is a 4in. I was always told on a dryslick to move the rear wheels to the left(tuck the rr in and sticking the lr out something like 2"lr 4"rr?) If someone has a good 2"beadlock 4 3/4 let me know I"ll try it, what do I have to lose.

you can move your stagger 3/4 of an inch on front and rear.( More on rear, less in front) Preasonally if it was dry slick I would go with, LR- 3" , RR- 4".
But that is me Bryan . My driving stle is alot different than yours, just as anyone elses would be. You are just gonna have to trail and error it till you get what works for you.
Hope this helps in getting you in the right direction.

Fix your tight in problem 1st… make you adjustments to the car in the same order you go ‘round the corner. 1) Entry 2) Apex 3) Exit…

What very well could be happening is that if it’s THAT tight on entry you still have the wheels cranked hard left as you’re tryin’ to get back on the gas. When the front end finally catches up and turns… you’ll get a snap-loose condition.

Actually you could try running less front stagger… believe it or not that can free your car up some. Try Mav’s suggestion of less stager front and a little in back.

As far as the front end getting you into the turns the rear getting you out that’s only partially true… both ends of the car HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER at any point on the track. You could have a perfect set-up combination up front but you’ll never know it if the back of the car is working against it… same holds true for the opposite.

Maverick,
How could the two of you have different driving styles? I didn’t think you had ANY style at all man… :eek: j/k

cngracing...snap loose is probably exactly what is happening. Probably way to much cross in the car. Lift the car in the center of the rearend and see how much sooner the right lifts before the left. If there is more than 3 or 4 inches take a couple rounds out of the rf and lr then put a couple rounds in the lf and rr. Lift the car again to see the how much it changed. This will help take cross out of the car while leaving your ride heights close to the same. Good Luck.

Mike

cngracin said:
Fix your tight in problem 1st… make you adjustments to the car in the same order you go ‘round the corner. 1) Entry 2) Apex 3) Exit…

What very well could be happening is that if it’s THAT tight on entry you still have the wheels cranked hard left as you’re tryin’ to get back on the gas. When the front end finally catches up and turns… you’ll get a snap-loose condition.

Actually you could try running less front stagger… believe it or not that can free your car up some. Try Mav’s suggestion of less stager front and a little in back.

As far as the front end getting you into the turns the rear getting you out that’s only partially true… both ends of the car HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER at any point on the track. You could have a perfect set-up combination up front but you’ll never know it if the back of the car is working against it… same holds true for the opposite.

Maverick,
How could the two of you have different driving styles? I didn’t think you had ANY style at all man… :eek: j/k
Hey CNG ......... I rezemble that remark !!!

sounds to me like too much cross in the car.like mentioned above,take a couple rounds out of the rf and lr,then add a couple to the rr and the lf...one other thing,if you do not drive into the corner hard enough it will cause you to be tight in and loose off alot of times..with a push going in you wanna pin the right front down and unhook the right rear a little bit.when loose coming off you wanna increase the lr spring rate and you can also increase the bar angle and or move the lr tire out or the rr tire in.another good way to get the car to come off the corner is increase the rear percentage..

We can't do the "rounds" thing, we aren't allowed weight jacks. No bars to work with, either. I am no expert on any of this stuff, so my suggestion is to try drinking beer on an empty stomach after the racing is over and let your dad drive home, Brian. It won't fix the car, but after a couple cans, you won't care anyway. :)

Brian, when i ran my car i always ran the front at 2" and 2" and the rear had around 2 - 3" for the wet stuff which i hated but ran straight up to 1/2 in the back when it got dry and you know that old girl loooooooved the dry stuff. I still have my hir dryer and the 220 plug installed in the car don't i mav ?

also i just finished reading everyone elses and from getting a chance to actually atch you brian i can tell you that you enter almost cautious and almost like driving the hornet car, but by the time the front backend gets a chance to come around the front is pushed on ya, then it's a physics lesson. loosen the back up a little with stagger first and itll force the head to go where it needs be.

when ther head goes the body must followwoks in everything except dirt racing.

and of course if all else fails and your willing to be an innocent bystander to watch your car put through the paces.... i know someone with a suit and a helmet and a bit that hes chomping at !!! :)

Well from what I hear that may be pretty soon!?! If you all go to Godfrey Friday let me know I always want to watch the teacher take the student to school. :D :D By the way was the carb the problem Randy??

i cant drive your and mine... errrr his there too..... different track types too but the offer stands :0

also i believe the problem was in the 4 year old valve springs.

springs and carb both . Had to readjust the valves monday. we had them to loose. It ran like a rabid monkey for about 3/4 of the heat race. Then I got attacked by some of Dorothy and Totos little friends under the hood with ballpean hammers. ting , ting, ting, ting........
Yes MnM wont stop camping out on my front lawn. So the only way I can get him to leave is to let him race this weekend....... LOL !! :eek:

yea right and you still believe that if you buy one bible from the jehova's they'll never come back too eh ?!?!?! bwhahahahahahaha

dr. frunkenschteen, may i leave the lub-or-atory early .............

yes igor you may

Back