Tim Andrews Teams with MB Motorsports for Inaugural Camping World Truck Series Start

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
WRIGHT CITY, Missouri (August 25, 2009) - - At Chicagoland Speedway, Tim Andrews will join an elite list of NASCAR drivers, including Carl Edwards, Jamie McMurray, Justin Allgaier and Brad Keselowski who all have one commonality – they have gotten behind the wheel of an MB Motorsports Ford F-150. Andrews, a St. Louis, Missouri native, will make his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Chicagoland Speedway on Friday, August 28 in the EasyIllinois.com 225. “To join such an elite group of drivers is a dream come true. I hope this is the springboard we need to launch my career like many drivers before me,” stated an excited Andrews. “It is an honor to drive for a team with as much history as MB Motorsports.”

MB Motorsports has a rich history, indeed. The team is one of only two current teams who have participated in every Truck Series season dating back to the 1995 inaugural season. Not only does MB Motorsports have a history in the Truck Series, team owner and crew chief Mike Mittler has a deep history with the Andrews family. Tim’s father Paul, who led Alan Kulwicki to the 1992 NASCAR Winston Cup championship, met Mittler when they both worked for Rusty Wallace’s St. Louis, Missouri-based ASA team. The two friends stayed in touch after Paul moved his family from St. Louis to Concord, North Carolina to become crew chief for Alan Kulwicki. “I am thrilled that Tim will make his first NCWTS start in the MB Motorsports Ford F-150. I have known Mike for a long time and have plenty of respect for his team. We are thankful to Mike for giving Tim this great opportunity,” said Paul.

“Paul and I have talked about putting Tim in our truck for a few years now,” commented Mike Mittler. “We have been impressed with Tim’s driving accomplishments and want to help him move forward in his driving career. Having a championship winning crew chief for a dad while growing up certainly has groomed Tim for understanding the setup and feel of the race truck. The entire MB Motorsports team is excited and looking forward to a great weekend at Chicagoland Speedway.”

Even though Tim Andrews is a new name to the NCWTS, he has experience in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, ARCA RE/MAX Series and NASCAR Camping World East Series. He made his first Nationwide Series start earlier this year at Nashville Superspeedway for Rick Ware Racing and drove five ARCA RE/MAX Series races for Cunningham Motorsports in 2007, earning a pole and a third place finish at Pocono Raceway. His career highlight is edging Steve Park to the line in the 2006 Camping World East Series race at Dover Downs to take the checkered flag in his first full-bodied stock car victory. He hopes teaming with MB Motorsports is the first step to fulfilling many more dreams. “I am so grateful for this opportunity Mike and the entire MB Motorsports organization has given me. I really appreciate their countless hours of hard work and dedication to get the Ford F-150 prepared for Chicagoland. Our plan is to gain valuable experience, run a smart race and put ourselves in a good position for the end of the race,” stated Andrews.

Tim Andrews and the Mittler Bros. Machine & Tool Ford F-150 will take to Chicagoland Speedway Thursday afternoon and evening for two practice sessions. An additional practice session is scheduled for Friday morning in preparation for Keystone Light Pole Qualifying at 4:30 p.m. EST on Speed. NCWTS SetUp begins at 8:30 p.m. EST on Speed with coverage of the EasyIllinois.com 225 beginning at 9:00 p.m. EST on Speed and MRN.

For more information on Tim Andrews, please contact Jennifer Thompson at jenlt21@yahoo.com or visit www.timandrewsonline.com.

Longtime partners, Dave Porter Truck Sales and Don Shetler Ford, will continue their support of MB Motorsports again in 2009. Please visit www.mbracing.net for more information on the MB Motorsports Team.

Back