Timbo Mangum pockets $50,000 with Fastrak in 2006

racer20

Corporate Office: 678-935-7304 Fax: 706-384-2546 PO Box 590, Carnesville GA 30521 “ “If God Is With Us, Who Can Be Against Us”

PRESS RELEASE: TO ALL PRESS SOURCES
12/27/06

Timbo Mangum pockets over $50,000 in 2006 with the FASTRAK Series.

Timbo Mangum ran his first season with the FASTRAK series in 2006. Mangum the driver of the T1 dirt late model, is a native of Lancaster SC. Mangum joined as a FASTRAK dirt late model member in 2006 with intentions of taking the $50,000 in cash prize for winning the National Championship. Although Mangum didn’t win it this year, he did indeed take second place prize which still paid a cool $20,000 in cash and choice of a new chassis from Rocket or TNT racing chassis.

“We were really close said team set up man” Steve Eubanks. They kept telling us how important the “loyalty” points were going to be when it came Championship time and were they ever. To our team it was the difference in $50,000 and $20,000”. Maybe the T1 team didn’t win it all but they did take home more than $50,000 for the 06 season competing in their crate engine FASTRAK late model. Mangum won almost $30,000 during the 2006 racing season plus his $20,000 point’s prize for the runner up position. Not bad for a $5000 engine.

“I look forward to the 2007 season with FASTRAK said Mangum. “FASTRAK did exactly what they said they would do in 2006 and by honoring their word 2007 is bringing in some tough competition. I look forward to racing with some of the best Super Late Model teams. I promise you one thing. The fans are about to see some of the best racing in the history of the sport. You take some of the best teams in the country and put them out there with equal engines and things are about to get very interesting.

One item Mangum wanted everyone to note. “Racing with FASTRAK is fun. These people really go out of their way to shake your hand and tell you they are glad to see you and appreciate us being there. That makes a big difference with us” said Mangum. “The teams are all close and really help each other. We were in VA for our first time this year at an event and broke a transmission in practice and I was shocked to see that five teams offered us help. I have never had that happen before. To our team it truly showed that FASTRAK had instilled in everyone to have fun racing again. Winning the money we did in 2006 was great but the fun you can have makes it an awesome series to race in”.

“I’m glad Hot Rod LaMance won the 2006 Championship” said Mangum. “He will represent all of the FASTRAK teams very well as our National Champion. No one deserved it more, but we will be after that $50,000 in 2007, you can bet on that”.

It looks like the 2007 season for FASTRAK will be very interesting as many of the top late model teams in the country are looking for their shot at the $50,000 season ending championship race. “We have had calls from a number of Super late model teams” stated series Director Jody Palmer. “I really believe in 2007 FASTRAK will have some of the best racing in the country”.

2007 will bring about the HUGE National Point fund but in addition for 07, FASTRAK will be giving every track champion $1000 and also Regional Point Champions $5000 and paying well through the field. Regional Directors meetings are being held in Atlanta GA on Jan 9th-Jan11th and announcements will be made shortly afterwards. Points systems, point’s awards, weekly purses, touring purses, tires and technical issues will be discussed. Regional Directors from all over the country are flying in to discuss these issues. “I want our directors involved” said Stan Lester Series Founder. “These are the people that have to answer to the teams week in and week out and they should be involved in the decision making process. Our system worked very well in 2006 and we just want everything to be the best it can possibly be for 2007. We are just looking at ‘tweaking” a couple of things. Nothing huge, just some things we feel like we can do to improve the racing and help our teams as well”.

The FASTRAK Racing Series will also hold meetings and seminars in every region of the country. They will include Promoters meetings, technical training and drivers meetings later in the day. “We do a lot more than put on races” stated weekly sanction track National Director, Terry Harris. “We have a package that most track promoters dream of. New truck giveaways, new Harley giveaways, $10,000-$25,000 in cash giveaways are just some of the things we do for our track promoters. In the day of video games and so many things that take away from Saturday night racing we have additional items for tracks to promote. The tracks have to make money or we have no place to race. We have some of the best racing in the country but when FASTRAK comes to town we come to put on a show, not just a race”!

2007 Marketing Partners for the FASTRAK Racing Series Include:

Goodyear Racing, General Motors Performance Parts, Heintz Performance and many others to be announced soon.

Back