Time management!

WANG

Has TCS ever considered having a 1 min. per lap rule? I know Kevin is having a hard time with keeping the races at a reasonable hour. I just wondered if a 20 lap or 20 min. has ever been brought up.

Maybe have a big clock under the flag man? If there is a bad wreck the red comes out and the time stops.

It dosen't really seem to be a particular class, more like a different one ever night.

I don't know all the answers. I just thought it might be an idea to consider?

jmo

WANG!

I Dont Think That Starting Early Will Help. Esp. When You Have Race Like The Bomer/ Pure Stocks Were Tonight

Last Week I Think It Was The Mods.

I think the transponder system would have helped immensely tonight. Hope they get the bugs worked out of that soon. Still with so many cars fighting for the feature spots, bound to be some cautions. I thought we had a lot of yellows tonight in the Street Stocks, for sure. Seems like we couldnt make more than 2 laps without a yellow. Sometimes it just happens. :)

Still was a fun night overall, and Michael "kikazz" Kloos got his second feature win. What a run that guy has had the last couple nights!!

I live 100 miles from TCS, and just got home at 1 a.m. I left right after the late model feature. Considering that they had 155 cars there tonight, I don't think that is too bad. All in all, I think it was an excellent night of racing. Good car counts, good anouncers, good food, all at a reasonable price, you just can't beat it.

Keep up the good work Kevin!!

Time limits are kinda unfair to the racers and fans of the racers that are not invovled in the problems that cause the delays. If it is required it should only apply to latemodels if the walls or fences get nocked down and will require like half an hour or more to fix. I bet it is just that there are too many classes and alot of people who wont normally run there got rained out earlier in the weekend and needed their racing fix too. Were the recovery crews efficient, or were they part of the problem? Most of the time late shows mean that the recovery crews need to get better, and lots of crashes is unfortunatley how they get to practice.

WANG said:
I Dont Think That Starting Early Will Help. Esp. When You Have Race Like The Bomer/ Pure Stocks Were Tonight

Last Week I Think It Was The Mods.

THE MODIFIED HEATS (AND LATE MODEL TO AN EXTENT) WERE REDICULOUS. IF THEY RAN 4 GREEN FLAG LAPS STRAIGHT IN ANY OF THEM I'D BE SUPRISED.

I THINK THE REASON FOR THE SHOW RUNNING LONG IS CAR COUNT. THEY HAD 150+ CARS TONIGHT. YES SOMETIMES A SHOW CAN GO SMOOTH WITH THAT MANY. BUT MORE TIMES THAN NOT IT WON'T. I EXPECT THE CAR COUNT TO TAPER OFF TO A MUCH MORE MANAGABLE NUMBER AS THE SEASON PROGRESSES. BUT, LETS FACE IT, NOT TRYING TO DOWN OR OFFEND ANYONE. BUT WHEN CAR COUNTS ARE THAT HIGH, YOU'RE GETTING SOME MORE BIG DOGS OF EVERY DIVISION. BUT YOU'RE ALSO GETTING MORE BEGINNERS, BACKMARKERS, LAP TRAFFIC....(CAUTIONS)...ECT. IT COMES WITH THE TERRITORY.

EXCEPT FOR THE HIGH NUMBER OF CAUTIONS I WAS PLEASED WITH THE SHOW. I REALLY DON'T THINK THERES MUCH TCS OR ITS OFFICIALS COULD DO ABOUT TIME FACTOR. THEY AREN'T DRIVING THE CARS. I THINK THEY DID PRETTY WELL ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.

Just to let everyone know, Our tower was hit by lightning on Thursday! It took out the new P.A. system and the interface for the scoreboard. We did
not know all of this till we started our evening equipment checks. But rest
assured there will be replacements A.S.A.P. We will get better about time management!! All in all we had some great racing in all the classes!
Congratulations to all our drivers and the fans for staying with us tonight.

Thank You,
Kevin Gundaker
Tri-City Speedway

We thank all of you for your support!

Spunky 1 said:
Start Races on time at 6pm of 1 hour earlier at 5pm should allow enough time to get races over by 10pm

It can be pretty hot at 5:00 during a STL summer. That will dry out the track really quickly. Plus, the drivers have to look at that sun coming out of turn 4.

t.nie said:
I thought we had a lot of yellows tonight in the Street Stocks, for sure. Seems like we couldnt make more than 2 laps without a yellow. Sometimes it just happens. :)

t.nie, starting 26 of you guys, and more to the point, having to stretch upwards of two dozen of you guys out single file for restarts on a 1/4-mile track, there's going to be yellows. I'm not sure there's any way around that.

I suppose they could have run a semi, but with two semis already having been run in the LMs and mods, I don't think anyone wanted to see another last chance race. J/M/O

PITDRIFTER said:
THE MODIFIED HEATS (AND LATE MODEL TO AN EXTENT) WERE REDICULOUS. IF THEY RAN 4 GREEN FLAG LAPS STRAIGHT IN ANY OF THEM I'D BE SUPRISED.

It took 44 minutes to run the 2nd thru 4th mod heats.

Well..for that many cars..i think the show went well. Track got a little funky and had some driver's chasing it. Kevin...doing a good job..and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Thanks

I would like to see to see the TriCity website post the order of events prior to the shows. I don't particularly care to sit through a 40 plus minute, 26 car crashfest of street stocks, who ran maybe 6 or 7 green flag laps, especially when it is 40 some degrees outside. By the looks of the people who were leaving at 10pm, I think there are others who feel the same, just watch the stands empty after the late model feature. It is unfortunate for those who missed an awesome late model feature as that racing was outstanding. I think most folks are really happy to have a Sunday night track in the area again and would like to see the time management improve as Kevin has stated will improve. I can remember racing at the Horse Palace in the karts, we got 3 tries to start the feature and if we didnt get it right we sat in the infield till the end and then we raced last. I hope everything works out.

I just wish TCS would run the late models first. I think thats the class most people like to watch. This way everbody can leave after the race is over or stay and watch the mods and the rest of the classes if they want to stay. Everyone should know with 150 cars its going to be a late night. Kevin and family your doing a great Job. My family enjoys TCS. Also teach Highland and charlie how to keep a track in good shape. Sat at highland was a joke!

Brandon Paul said:
t.nie, starting 26 of you guys, and more to the point, having to stretch upwards of two dozen of you guys out single file for restarts on a 1/4-mile track, there's going to be yellows. I'm not sure there's any way around that.

I suppose they could have run a semi, but with two semis already having been run in the LMs and mods, I don't think anyone wanted to see another last chance race. J/M/O

Isn't that what I just said?? :) Oh, agree with you on the semi deal. And, I think it's cool that Kevin let's us all just start the feature, instead of running a semi. Had there been a semi, I don't know if I would have made the show.

I Was Very Pleased With The Show. Dont Get Me Wrong I Thought It Was Great. I Got Home A Midnight And I Left After The Latemodel Show Aswell.

I Am Not Pointing Fingers At Any Particular Group. I Believe That Each Group Can Have Their Problems On Any Night.

Kevin I Think You Are Doing And Excelent Job. The 1st. Year Is Always Rough Trying To Get Eveything Smoothed Out, But I Think You Are Doing Better Than Most.

Keep Up The Good Work. I Was Just Wondering How Things Could Go A Little Quicker. Not Really Complaining. Just Wondering.

Wang!

Kevin - NICE JOB!

Kevin, and all TCS employees, NICE JOB! I would like to see the races over by 10pm.....but I realize that with 150something cars it just isn't going to happen. The announcers and the sound level were good once the initial bugs were worked out, the track conditions were awesome, and the pork T-loins still rock! The only suggestion I have is that I think that the yellow came out a little prematurely a few times - and you might get on these guys that go off the track and then stop to cause a yellow so they can catch back up. Other than that....I have nothing but compliments this week!!!!!!

Kevin & Crew

My very first time to TCS,Impressive facility! Great field of cars in all classes.I can't remember a better LM feature,being a Kloos fan didn't hurt either.Heated seats would be nice.Kevin can you help out there?HaHa.Pork T was awesome,bigger bun could hold more pickels.Looking forward to next Sunday and those seat warmers
Keep up the good work Gundakers :D :D

I agree that the yellow did come out prematurely on a few occasions. I personally thought the announcers were not that good. The track did look awesome and i'm sure Kevin and crew will work out the kinks. the racing was great and what a late model feature. How about using one way radios like they do with the MARA midgets to help with getting everyone lined up after a yellow. It sure speeds up the show there. Keep up the good work Kevin.

radios of all kinds are banned by UMP rules.

Not to mention it would be costly to field that many of them, it would also limit new cars coming in and running because they don't want to buy them.

Back