Tires

Per UMP...F.) Tire softeners and/or chemicals designed to alter the chemical characteristics of the tire and/or the tire surface will not be permitted. Ive heard some soak them with bleach......but its the same deal. If anyone answers this out in the open......id be surprised.

Simple formula: 5 gallon diesel fuel , 1 quart tolulene, 1 quart Zylene, 1 quart ATF(any brand or type).
Mix together brush on tire(s)wrap.Two days later repeat.Two days later leave wrapped and brush on the day of the race.
May or may not pass the tester, but it works great on old hard tires.
Hope this tidbit helps.

That will NOT pass any tire test. Durometer, Sniffer, and Lab tests can and will pick that mix up. That is an old chemistry mix that some still use though. If any racer is on the correct product and use it in the correct manner they will NOT get caught by any test.

That will NOT pass any tire test. Durometer, Sniffer, and Lab tests can and will pick that mix up. That is an old chemistry mix that some still use though. If any racer is on the correct product and use it in the correct manner they will NOT get caught by any test.

I was letting them know of the "cheap" way.Atomic punch is widely used and is quite pricey.

Yeah I know what you meant, just wanted to make sure they didn't think it would pass a tire test.

Punch was made by Bondotti(I'm sure you know that) and Palmetto bought them out. I'm fairly sure Matt isn't making it anymore under that name. He has a variation on it that reacts similar but it's under his Perfection line now. I wouldn't recommend any stock car guys using the original Punch anymore though, it has a slight smell to it :).

If this stuff is illegal, why take the chance on using it in UMP? Wasn't Scott Bloomquest busted a couple of years ago for soaking his tires?

hey! every one

I have been read your's comments about the tire. A tiers of car is playing very important role for a car safety. if a tier is good condition than it is very helpful for u........

You just keep believing that it can't be detected!

Ask the owners of Crown Point Speedway in Indiana what tire chemicals are costing them right about now. They attempted to sell the track over the winter and an inspection by the EPA halted the sale of the facility until proper clean up is done.

Fact of the matter is this. Its still chemicals being applied to racing grounds off racing tires. End of story. Undetectable in tech...maybe. To the EPA when ground samples are done? There is the problem. Tracks end up with the EPA all over their butts. and its fixing to get worse 3 fold. Just wait...................ask body shops how they feel about the EPA's new rules that were smacked on them about 2 weeks ago. Seems the EPA is having a field day with anyone it can anymore. If you deal with automobiles..............EPA is looking over your shoulders. And....still its illegal according to UMP rules.

To Mr.Dearing and others,

The chemicals that the EPA are having the problems with that will get these tracks in trouble are the harsh solvents, and heavy bi-products such as creosote. There are chemists out there that specialize in producing undetectable, environment friendly, and biodegradable products. These chemists always work very closely with the EPA, OSHA, and various others. The Bad chemical on the tracks is purely the drivers fault, there are far better options out there.

Do your homework guys before you post an uneducated statement. Yes the EPA is cracking down, but not on the safe chemical alternatives.

Simple formula: 5 gallon diesel fuel , 1 quart tolulene, 1 quart Zylene, 1 quart ATF(any brand or type).
Mix together brush on tire(s)wrap.Two days later repeat.Two days later leave wrapped and brush on the day of the race.
May or may not pass the tester, but it works great on old hard tires.
Hope this tidbit helps.
Its better to use the automatic punch instead of all this headache,
I have seen a lot of people using automatic punch and its really easy than any other way....
Vishal Bhatia

Back