Tires

jlansford42

I may have missed the thread, but does anyone know for sure what the ump tire rule for late models is going to be. Just curious.

Thanks John

John the last i heard u could run 10's and 30's until May then u can only run 20's and 40's. Its hard telling if it has changed again or not.

Nic

15. Tires and Wheels

15.1 Only Hoosier LM 11x88", 90" or 92" M20 or M40 are permittied after the expiration of the predetermined grace period. Prior to the implementation of the revised tire rule, a grace period will be allowed whereby competitors may use the 4 Hoosier LM compounds utilized in 2004 M 10,20,30 &40. A D60 will also be available for the one mile tracks. All UMP tracks enforce the same tire rule.

Thats what i found John. It doesnt say when the grace period ends though.

Nic

thanks

Thanks Nick, I wasn't sure if they was going to stick with that or not. The last set of rules I seen kind of sounded like they was going to let the track deside the tire rule, but that was just the way I took it.

Thanks again
John

I understand the tire rule for the weekly UMP tracks, but I've heard during a "special" show, it will revert to the open tire rule. Just looking for confirmation or clarification, as everyone else is.

Go to www.umpracing.com and look, print or download the UMP Late Model rules for 2005. Under tires, it states as posted above by justrunme.
Have not seen anything about special shows.

Back