Todd Dee & Jeremy Sutton win Buggy Nationals

Millsey

Here it is 2:30 a.m. and I'm just getting in from one of the best nights of racing we've had a Big River Sand Drags. Not only were there over 100 racers participating there was the biggest crowd of the season to watch. As I write this they are tearing down Jeremy Sutton's buggy via a protest. One way or another there's going to be a huge swing in money if Jeremy's buggy is found legal or not legal. I just didn't want to stay until 4 a.m. to find out...! LOL..

Todd Dee won the Off Road Modified title, Kevin Sellers was second with Rob Torville of St. Ann third. Todd also won the top eliminator race.

Jeremy won the Stock Buggy class with Willie Thurman second and Adam Smith third. Jeremy also won the top elimiantor race.

Special thanks to everyone who help put the Buggy Nationals together... You did a fantastic job!

well jeff u was very accurate with your time predictions, i believe it was right about 4am by the time we left the track, u will be happy to know that i was found to be LEGAL in both motor and transmission........ So there was an extra $225.00 that went into my pocket. A special thanks to everyone who helped me out tonight during the tear down and i hope the huge crowd that stayed around for the tear down enjoyed it.

Well, I'm glad to hear things turned out the way they did Jeremy. I also know that several other people will be glad to hear it as well. I have seen engines tore down for the same reasons yours was, and also found to be legal. Thing is, they had all good parts and someone who knew what they were doing putting them together. An example would be, looking at pistons run for two seasons that still looked brand new. I just hope nothing got damaged during the tear down. I couldnt make it past the head coming off lol. I was having physical symptoms watching lol. At least now there is no doubt about your car. Congratulations on your well deserved win. Now like Jason told Stevie last night, you have two weeks to get it back together. Cya later!

Yes Jeff, it was a very interesting evening indeed. A collision with the guard rail, two fires and last count 5 vehicles broken in one form or another. And numerous very close races. Not to mention the wheel stands lol. I won a few races, red lighted and broke out in two more so I didnt win anything. But the truck felt strong and ran very well, and I didnt break anything. So all in all I had a blast. We had a really great turnout, I couldnt believe the number of people there. Congrats to the winners and the track officials for pulling off a smooth fully loaded night of racing.

jeremysutton said:
well jeff u was very accurate with your time predictions, i believe it was right about 4am by the time we left the track, u will be happy to know that i was found to be LEGAL in both motor and transmission........ So there was an extra $225.00 that went into my pocket. A special thanks to everyone who helped me out tonight during the tear down and i hope the huge crowd that stayed around for the tear down enjoyed it.
Let's do some math then.. $400 for first place, $225 tear down, $100 top eliminator and $120 regular pay (I think that was close) for around $845 or so!! WOW!!! Congratulations Jeremy!!!

ya i walked away with 845 which is awsome, the most i had won going into tonight was 175, so a huge thanks to all of the sponsors and also to jeff and the drivers seat for all thier coverage. How about that huge crowd last night both in the pits and in the stands that was awsome, and bryan u left out one iccident last night when todds breathers was on fire as he ran down the track, but u might not been able to see that from your end of the track, nothing got damaged during the tear down this is the 3rd season without tearing that engine down not ever for rings, so to say the least its long overdue, u should of stayed around lil bit longer bryan u missed everyone making fun of one of my pistons, a few yrs ago a nut fell into the engine and really pitted up the top of the piston, so for sure its time for a new set of pistons and ill have it back toghther in plenty of time for the july 4th weekend.

Jeremy .................

Hey Cheater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Don't forget your old friends now that you have entered the millionier statis ....... ( probably spelled wrong, who cares ) About thet $25.00 you owe me ?????? ;) Congrats , on an excellent night !!!!!! LD :)

You know because the Buggy races were so good I forgot to mention some of the other big winners last night like Brad Lunn really looking good in winning the Comp Eliminator class and top elim, but I also wanted to give a huge pat on the back to Ed Bunch of Hillsboro. I'm going to make a seperate post on him, but congrats Ed!!

Brad and Stephanie both did well last night. She was very excited about the first place win in Vehicle ET. We had five competitors in the class last night! That was fun. And the big Dodge truck will be coming back again as far as I know. I talked to him a bit on his way home and he said he was coming back. This has been a very fun weekend. It takes a lot to keep a vehicle and track ready for the race. A lot of long hours and money working on them and the track, loading and hauling them around, getting home at some early hour of the morning dirty and tired, swearing we dont know why we do it. But once I get cleaned up and rested and look back on the nights events, I find myself waiting and preparing for the next race lol.

Congrats Oak Street

Todd, Kevin, Jeremy, great job you guys proved once again why you are who you are. The sportsmanship even during the tear down was outstanding. I think a lot of questions were answered and gives everyone a point to compare from now on, also it shows the rules do work and that if anyone has a question about someones car they are not going to get the crap beat out of them are harassed be on control. Stock class we have a referrance point now and know the time frame in which these cars will run, once again i think i speak for the entire stock class in saying Good Job Oak Street, CONGRATS. One more thing -THANK YOU Potosi sponsors in your very large help with the buggie nationals, cause without your help this would have been impossible to have been the best night in buggie history at BRSDs. Thanks to all of our sponsors for your help, Jim at Archway everyone thought the trophies were great. Thanks to Kevin,Todd and everyone that helped with the line ups, they called once and both classes were lined up and ready to go before Jason could even get his own line up, and last but not forgotten the rest of the drivers that went home with nothing, you guys and gals put on one of the best show this track has ever seen, so in closing we may have not won, but it took all of us to put on the show and that we did,and just remember there is always next year, maybe we can get Jeremy to go to Mod. class were the pickings are not so easy LOL. Thank You everyone Great show Ralph,Brenda, and Adam........

Back