Too Harsh ??

bigmoose82

The Origional Tenacious D
Does anyone else think that the fines and suspension thrown to dale jr and tony jr are a bit harsh, considering the "slap-hand" fines given out lately. heres the rundown: tony jr-fined 100k, and suspended for 6 races, dale jr-docked 100pts, teresa -docked 100 owners points. I think the 6 races and 100k are a little if not too harsh..

true

yeah i guess so, but neither juan pablo, tony stewart, kevin harvick, got suspended..if they would just throw all the COT's is the ocean and give it up , i think we would be alright. the thing is ugly, slow and oh did i mention ugly... NASCAR ever heard of if it ain't broke dont fix it ?

Does anyone else think that the fines and suspension thrown to dale jr and tony jr are a bit harsh, considering the "slap-hand" fines given out lately. heres the rundown: tony jr-fined 100k, and suspended for 6 races, dale jr-docked 100pts, teresa -docked 100 owners points. I think the 6 races and 100k are a little if not too harsh..

yeah seams a bit much considering it wasn't run during the race. but i think it's the same penalty (100 points) as waltrip got at daytona wasn't it. i can't remember for sure. sounds like their are trying to send a message not to mess with anything on the cot. hate to hear that for jr's sake though.

glennon

yeah i guess so, but neither juan pablo, tony stewart, kevin harvick, got suspended..if they would just throw all the COT's is the ocean and give it up , i think we would be alright. the thing is ugly, slow and oh did i mention ugly... NASCAR ever heard of if it ain't broke dont fix it ?
i didn't hear anything what did those guys do? i kinda like the COT. always need to progress. they have some bugs to work out but i think it will get better.

glennon

too harsh

there was an issue with the mounting brackets on the rear spoiler. they were apparently doing some tunnel testing and forgot to put the stock brackets back on. http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-earnhardtpenalized&prov=ap&type=lgns this really ****s for jr, since he was just inside the top 12 for the chase. never really been a big jr fan, but hes earned alot of respect in my book this year with the way he is handling things. hopefully he over comes this and moves on.

other guys

juan pablo-flipping off a camera on speedvision having fun-10k, tony stewart-didnt go to post race interview as deemed by entry terms-10k, jaimie mcmurray and kevin harvick-agressive driving-10k, and all are on probation at least through the end of the year i think... looks like 100k was involved in the waltrip issue also

juan pablo-flipping off a camera on speedvision having fun-10k, tony stewart-didnt go to post race interview as deemed by entry terms-10k, jaimie mcmurray and kevin harvick-agressive driving-10k, and all are on probation at least through the end of the year i think... looks like 100k was involved in the waltrip issue also
i guess the bigger fines are because it is considered cheating. who knows though.

glennon

believe so

I believe that is why they passed down the 100k for tony jr. they said they would set an example for anyone "changing" any part that has already been certified.

I think Jr. will be alright. 15 races is alot of time to make it to the chase if he does'nt have any dnf's or suspensions/points taken away the rest of the season. I think D.E.I. will lose the appeal though. Eury Jr. should've known NASCAR is watching the cot's closely.

its funny how the hendrick teams never get caught with anything.
didn't jimmie johnson get caught at daytona last year. and his crew chief suspended 4 races? as much as the hendrick haters would love it there is no conspiracy in nascar to let them slide.

glennon

conspiracy ? ....or no ?

i think denny hamlin will beg to differ, he seems to think there is a conspiracy theory... refering to the 50 some odd pieces of debris and not one caution, but when he leads the race, theres a caution..might have been just post race drama.

i think denny hamlin will beg to differ, he seems to think there is a conspiracy theory... refering to the 50 some odd pieces of debris and not one caution, but when he leads the race, theres a caution..might have been just post race drama.
yeah a feel for denny he's having a good year and just can't seem to get a win. last week his main problem was his own crew with the mistakes on pitroad. i think it happened at phoenix also with the problems in the pits.

glennon

I used to watch all the nascar races, but this year i've only watched 2 of them. its pointless to watch if you already know who is going to win.

new direction.

I hear you guys on that. the races have seemed kinda predictable, but i see RCR and DEI have teamed up on a Technical team to try to catch up to Hendricks. I think Hamlin may have solved his problems, he changed pretty much every team member on his pit crew..can't really blame the guy, the old team dropped the ball on at least 2 huge pit stops. The All Star Challenge is on this weekend, now we get to see em have some fun.

didn't jimmie johnson get caught at daytona last year. and his crew chief suspended 4 races? as much as the hendrick haters would love it there is no conspiracy in nascar to let them slide.

glennon
Yes they did get fined but no points lost, you do the math if they would have taken 100 points last year when they got caught more than once. Still champ I dont think so.

Back