Track Condition

DIRTDOG

Thanks to the absurd amount of water on the track, I saw more contact during pack laps than you do in some races! The track was tearing up all night, it was horrible. Whenever you have to bring a road grader out TWICE in one night to fix the track, you know you are doing something wrong. Maybe if Mt. Vernon would learn how to prepare a track, they could get their car count back up on a regular basis.

I seemed to be able to race on it all night and not tear up any equipment. Maybe some of this torn up equipment is because of DRIVER ERROR and not track condition. Just a thought.

The rumor is that they are going to work on this problem all this week.Say it should be MUCH improved by this SAT.??

I agree w/ that one!! It seemed fine to me also!! for the feature!!
18 Racing said:
ya it needs work but the did a preety good job geting it smother for the feature thoug

It was a little bit rough i will say. It knocked our power steering belt off in the heat race. But we came from 10th in the consi to win it!! Then started 16th in feature and got up to 5th. Might have been rough but it was fast!!!!!!!! Im pretty sure they will grade that top stuff off this week and we will have a good racing surface next Saturday night!!

Nic

All the local track managers should take time to attend a race at Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Indiana one Sunday night. They prepare their track better than anyone in this region. Granted, Tri-State has a lot more money invested in equipment, but the technique could still be replicated.

Back