Track conditions at I-55?

Don Juan

What did everyone think of the track conditions at i-55? Wasn't there but seen a driver on Facebook post it was horrible and heard two other drivers talking about looking for a different place to race........

We thought it was great. Running three different lines in LM feature. Fans came down and said they loved it. Not a bad feature all night. One thing is a certainty ---someone is always complaining.

Also, Frankel won from seventh. What does that tell you? No passing? I think not!

It had a little of everything...ruts, slick, smooth, a lot of grip. I thought it was fine because the ruts weren't too bad an it was definitely racey.

I did notice several flat tires. Not sure if the track caused them, debris or contact with other cars though.

The last 3 weeks have been the best all season. Give me multi groove racing over freight train racing around the bottom everytime. Seems to be bringing the excitement back to I-55!

I'm not big on wide open tacky tracks but last night was great. Three fast grooves and some awesome racing all night! Hope next week is similar!

Loved it. Cool to finally have an actual cushion you could lean on up top. As well as good grip on the bottom. Great job Ray and crew! Jmo

Couldn't tell ya, was at Eldora watching Bloomquist go 22nd to 3rd. ;) But a pal of mine was at Pevely Saturday night, and said the track was great.

The racing wasnt that good in the heats but every single feature was great! Not disappointed in the least. How bout that 3 car battle in the mods between griffaw, hill, and long?? That was worth the price of admission right there!

I thought the track was pretty darn good. The racing was spectacular. All I heard was WOW that was some great racing tonight. My perception was the Mods were the class of the night..... They were the last race and they put on one heck of a show from front all the way to the back. I realize some people complain because they had the ability to wake up this morning. I personally hate to see drivers go somewhere else to race. :( I-55 is a tough track to race cause the comp is so tough in all classes. I Love to see lots of cars with Great Racing..... Summer is over the nights are cooler and moisture will be coming back up in the track. YEA !!!!

The last feature of the night was the Modified feature and it went 20 laps green!!! What does that tell you?
Tells me every week should be like last night. All the features were great last night. A little effort goes a long way. Great job I-55!

Back