Track Prep

Hats Off To Our Track Preparers Last Year.our Racing Surface Was Second To None Last Year.i Would 2nd Guess Them Last Year When They Would Do Something To The Track . I Was Using My Many Years Of Track Prep Knowledge. O. And They Would Prove Me Wrong.oh Well That's Part Of The Fun Of Racing ..hey! I'm Right About Something Every Once In A While..law Of Averages.thanks Again!!! P.s. We Expect It Again This Year. Lol.

agree, and I disagree.

The track prep was always great. "Looked" like a great racing surface every night, from my seat (in the stands). I was not on the track, so I really don't know from a driver point of view.
They do a fantastic job with the prep. However, I sometimes wish they would just prep it once, at the beginning of the night, and then let it go...allow it to go to a dryslick. I know some drivers that benifit from a dryslick (the lower budget guys). If you've got a "Hoss" under the hood, it's sometimes harder to get hooked up on a dryslick, where the lower budget guy with less power hooks up a little better and gets on the door panel of the guys that are up front or winning every week... makes for a better race in my opinion. The drivers used to go out at intermission and look at track conditions, find the right line or "groove", and set up their cars based on that information. There was no gain of information last year when they re-worked the track at intermission, which aggrivated alot of drivers.

Again, I am not a driver, this is what I see from the stands and hear from some of the drivers. However they decide to do it this year, I'm looking forward to a good year of racing!!! Can't wait!!

(((48 days till playday, 62 days till the opener!!!))):D

From a racer's point of view

I realize that that the mid race track prep ate up some time. From a racer's point of view I think it was time well spent as the track was always smoother and the racing groove wider as a result. The spectators enjoyed more competitive races and dust was at a minimum. Although not dry slick, it's slicker than you might imagine. There were a couple of well set up 360's that whipped the 410's come feature time.

Back