Tracks and some insight on payout

thefarmer

Many drivers talk about the point fund being better at one track over another and so on which I agree some tracks do have better point funds.

Most tracks in the STL area have near the same payout for LM & Mods for the weekly shows..

The one big difference is how many cars start the features and that adds up!!

Examples:
Highland Mods only start 18 normally and their LM start 20 normally.

Pevely Mods & LM start 24 normally (26 mods this last weekend)

Tri-City starts 22 Mods & LM normally

Belleville, I assume will start 18 Mods & LM normally.

So lets assume Mods pay $100 to start and LM pay $150 to start.

On a normal week (assuming full fields, which I know isn't always the case), Pevely has a payout of $1200 per week more than Highland, $500 more the Tri-City and $1,500 more than Belleville.

Over one single night, that doesn't sound like a lot. But over a course of a season, say 20 races, that is $24,000 more than Highland, $10,000 more than Tri-City and $30,000 more than Belleville.

Just food for thought!!

Here is some food for thought the billboards that pevely have bring in I would estimate 50 to 150 thousand alone no matter how many nights they run so they may have a bit more room in the budget than other tracks not to say they don't work hard or deserve that money but just another piece of your equation

Here is some food for thought the billboards that pevely have bring in I would estimate 50 to 150 thousand alone no matter how many nights they run so they may have a bit more room in the budget than other tracks not to say they don't work hard or deserve that money but just another piece of your equation
Tri-City has as many if not more bill boards and Highland has their fair share. I would bet Tri-City makes more off bill boards and such than any other track in the area.

I was just pointing out that Pevely's weekly payout is probably more than the other tracks.

Let's say there are 30 billboards. For them to pull in $150000, each billboard would have to be leased at $5000 for the season. Let's say the average attendance per week is 1000 people for the weekly races, not the specials, and let's say you get 26 nights of racing in. Both of those are on the upper end of what is a reasonable expectation.

I don't know any business that is going to spend $5000 to reach basically the same 1000 people every week. That's a spend of $5 per head for 26 contacts with them, or approximately $0.25 per week per head to reach folks which is really pretty ridiculously expensive.

You could do 10 mail shots of 1500 people targeted by extensively researched demographics to ensure they are the exact audience for your product for that same $5000, if not less, reaching 150000 specifically selected unique people who are in the market for your product. Avg response would be around 1-2%, so you'd get to actually sell to 1500-3000 of the people you mailed to. A much better return on advertising investment by any measure.

Businesses spend on that model, cost per person to reach them and how unique is the medium. One billboard nestled in among 30 others really doesn't get you the kind of "pop" to make your company memorable, so it certainly isn't worth that kind of money.

I'd be surprised if they are getting anything more than a grand a billboard and that includes the cost of getting your name/message on the billboard. The value of putting your name on a dirt track billboard to advertise to the same 1000 people every week who probably pay little to no attention to it just isn't worth a lot.

Last edited:
My estimate wasn't uninformed I left a broad range because there are different packages available I know for sure at least two of the signs are 10 g or more and the others are around 2500 - 4000 depending on package and if your new or already had a sign the previous year Tnie you may be forgetting about the outlaw crowds and there visibility from the highway that makes them a bit more valuable

My estimate wasn't uninformed I left a broad range because there are different packages available I know for sure at least two of the signs are 10 g or more and the others are around 2500 - 4000 depending on package and if your new or already had a sign the previous year Tnie you may be forgetting about the outlaw crowds and there visibility from the highway that makes them a bit more valuable
Yeah, 55 being close by would increase the value by a lot, those highway signs reach thousands and thousands every day. For the other tracks without a highway close by though I wouldn't think they would be that expensive.

Farmer if you want us to feel sorry for someone or appreciate them more it's not going to work for me lol tracks pay what they pay and we can choose to race there or not

If you want to know who I appreciate for what he does its Charlie at brownstown he has little to no sponsor help smallest crowd and he still pays the same or very close to other tracks I appreciate all promoters though it's about a thankless job and prolly not worth what ever money they do make

Most of you think promoters are making all this money.. Most weekly shows barely break even. On iffy weather days and such, many tracks lose money.

I've seen some special events that had iffy weather which caused the track to lose more in one night than many guys have in their entire racing operation.

Bottom line, we need to support and attend local racing at all the area tracks.

Bottom line, we need to support and attend local racing at all the area tracks THATS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS RULE PACKAGE OR THAT RULE PACKAGE

regarding the car count--I went to Macon on NASCAR night a few years back-had 25 mods--they started all of them on the smallest track--

Back