TRAK-STAR RACE CARS NeSMITH CHEVROLET WRS CHASSIS MANUFACTURES CHAMPION

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
CARTERSVILLE, GA – Trak-Star Race Cars built by Boland Performance of Cuba, AL is the 2009 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series Chassis Manufactures Champion with 51 wins by 15 different drivers this season. All of those wins came in the NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series West Region, and at least one Trak-Star was in the winner’s circle each week of competition.

“This is the first award we’ve received since we started building Trak-Star Race Cars in 2005, and we’re really proud of what we’ve accomplished,” Boland Performance Owner Mike Boland said. “We’ve got to thank all of our customers, Lester Weeks of Friendsville, TN who welds up our chassis, and all of the people here at the shop.”

In addition to the 51 wins, Trak-Star Race Cars were well-represented in the Top 10 of the 2009 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series West Region point standings, placing in five positions. Lucky Keeton of Toomsuba, MS won his third NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series West Region Championship this season with ten wins driving a Trak-Star Race Car.

Michael Arnold of Hattiesburg, MS also had ten wins and a Track Championship at Hattiesburg Motorsports Park on his way to the West Region Runner-Up honors driving a Trak-Star Race Car. Cliff Williams of Star, MS finished sixth in the West Region standings with nine wins aboard a Trak-Star.

Randy Boyd of Marion, MS drove his Trak-Star to the Track Championship at Whynot Motorsports Park in Meridian, MS, and finished eighth in the West Region standings. Evan Ellis of Plantersville, MS had three wins in a Trak-Star, and finished ninth in the West Region standings.

Also posting multiple West Region wins in 2009 driving a Trak-Star were 2008 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series West Region Champion Jim McDuffie of Meridian, MS with three wins, Michael Santangelo of St. Rose, LA with three wins, Bryan Foy of Lacombe, LA with two wins, Justin McRee of Woodstock, AL with two wins, and Shawn Edwards of Louisville, MS with two wins.

Single Trak-Star West Region wins in 2009 were posted by Kaleb Killens of Poplarville, MS, Bub McCool of Vicksburg, MS, Wesley Greene of Winona, MS, Boland himself, and his son Jamey Boland of Cuba, AL.

“We had a lot of success in the West Region, and were hoping we can move into some more business in the East Region,” Boland said. “Jason Welsham had a lot of success in another division at Mountain Raceway Park in Maryville, TN, so maybe we can gain some ground in that part of the country.”

Boland is not only a chassis manufacturer, but he is also a championship race car driver being a seven-time Mississippi State Dirt Late Model Champion. Boland has driven several different chassis brands in his career before competing with a race car of his own make.

“It seemed like every time I bought a race car, I was wanting something different, and I started making changes to it in an effort to make it faster,” Boland said. “Sanford Goddard of Warrior Race Cars encouraged me to start building my own race cars, and he introduced me to Lester Weeks. One thing led to another, and Lester started welding up our frames in his shop in Friendsville, TN, we would pick them up, bring them back to our shop in Cuba, AL, and finish the assembly here.”

Trak-Star Race Cars also had seven wins in NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series National Touring competition in 2009. Boland had three wins, McRee posted two wins, while McCool and Michael Blount of Sumrall, MS each had one victory.

For more information about Trak-Star Race Cars call 205-392-5566, or visit them online at www.trak-starracecars.com.

Back