Transmission Question..

Millsey

Question: Is it legal to eliminate gears from a transmission??? I thought they had to be stock. If so that would not allow for modification would it???

Stock transmissions

Rule #8 under Engines&Drivetrain Stock transmissions only , No racing type, All vehicles must have forward & reverse gears. If you remove gears from the cluster,the transmission is no longer stock. In my opinion it would not be legal. Jon Reando

That's the way I read it too... I understand there are a few people who either have these or are in the process of having it done. Please be advised....

Well you guys can interpret it that way but it does not say you have to have all the gears it just says foward and reverse. Personally I feel they will not gain much by doing this and dealing with the headache. Just my .02 BObby

I believe Allied has similar wording for their transmission rule a few years ago and Paul Belken lost a championship because he removed the gears. There was no wording saying you couldn't remove the gears. It was a major gray area issue.

I believe they rewrote the rule to remove the gray area, now the gears have to be inside but they can disable the gears.

Someone may remember this better than me. I think this happened in 1998 or 1999.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Transmission Question

Millsey,
I thought that we had decided that our that the Tech Group would decide the rules and thier application. We lost two of our tech guys because someone decided that screw the rules, this is the way I wanted it. I thing that you need to concult your tech group before you air laundry on the infomational highway. We have enought problems without the proud president causing more of the problems. The tech guys as a group decide what is what. We were told by two of the tech guys that it was OK, now its not OK. No way to run a association of equal vote persons. Maybe a rules committee. On a prior problem with ownership and and affliation of car and driver. The comments were they were being clever. Is this not clever? Little late to change your mines.

We just keep pushing that envolope and out with the entry class. We keep giving and giving. I see it as, the Tech guys don't make the rules. They enforce the rules WE make. We know our rules. It's the Tech guys job to enforce OUR rules not what they think might be thier's.

O crap I just can't help myself sometimes. I'm sure i'm wrong sometimes but o well.

IF YOU REMOVE GEARS FROM THE TRANS ITS NOT A STOCK TRAN ANY MORE REMOVING GEARS ALOOWS YOU TO HAVE LESS TO TURN IN THE TRANNY AND ALSO LIGHTER YOU HAVE ELIMANATED GEARS AND POSSIBLY PUT SOMETHING ELSE IN THEIR TO MAKE EITHER A HIGHER GEAR OR A LOWER GEAR I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO ANY MOD TO THE TRANS BUT IM NOT A TECH SO.IF YOU MAKE THE RULES WE AS A GROUP SHOULD GO BUY THEM IF NOT WHY HAVE THE RULES HELL YOU MIGHT AS WELL CALL US MINI MODS INSTEAD OF MINI STOCKS JUST MY TWO CENTS AND ITS NOT WORTH MUCH BTU ANY WAY THE TRUCK I HAVE IS ABOUT READY FOR PAINTING AND THEN GOES AND GETS LETTERED HOPE TO GET SOME PIC POSTED SOON BRIAN#3

GOOD ANSWER BILL AND SHANNON:D YOUR BOTH RIGHT:D

okay folks here it is..........

there is a numorous GREY area's I could list them I will if you want me to and the tech guys will look at these rules and make suggestions on how to fix the rules( for 2005) so they will be pacific but as they are now the are to open for inturpatation

I have a very seriuos problem I see both side's of the coin on alot of the disagreement's we have on rules so I will tell you both side's

stock most poeple think that stock means "factory" folks "factory" and "stock" are two differnt terms and means two differnt things

if you take the gears out the tranny is still a stock case and still has some of the stock gears

if you want the rules to be clear you have to phrase's like

must remain stock from the factory

or NO removing of gears

now here is a new case lets say you find the right gear tranny at a junk yard but 4th is out well now thats not stock from factory so is this tranny in question are we sure you didn't take the gear and grind the teeth down tomake it look like its bad and also who would tear the tranny down to check to see if the gear is removed cause you will have to tear ir down to see

I understand some poeple thinks stock means as from factory but thats not always the case....

but as a quote from days of thunder "there's nothing stock about a stock car"

as far as asking/answer TECH question I think we should still ask and answer them on here it really helps alot of guys espaically the MCS guys

I belive this is related to how $$$ you want to spend on your race car delima

as far as my answer I will contact the parties involed include tech men and get there side to the story

remember there is alway 3 side to a story his side your side and the truth:D :p :D

ok

as a tech man i only enforce the rules as the need arises-i say at the next meeting we go through the whole rule list and any conflict be voted on.we are not changing the rules but voting on how the rule was written to be interperted.we will go through every rule so then everyone will be crystal clear on how the rule will be inforced.we must address any grey area we have,then we can move on past the bs

ohh my

Originally posted by b4racing
Well you guys can interpret it that way but it does not say you have to have all the gears it just says foward and reverse. Personally I feel they will not gain much by doing this and dealing with the headache. Just my .02 BObby

But Bobby you know as well as all the ncas arkansas and springfield missoui racers do here..It says stock and as long as it looks stock to these tech guys ..Its stock.. Man I love racing here!!!

Just my 2 cents lol..

Smurf is days of thunder one of your favorite movies?? I LOVE THAT MOVIE..

I don't think asking questions on here is such a bad thing. Just don't take things so personal. One good thing about this group is we can have these types of discussions. I didn't agree with Millsey post on motor claims but I think his intentions were right. We are entry level and we need to make sure it doesn't get out of hand with all the little stuff because it will add up and has already started to.

You want to spend more so you can push the rules. Well I say move up a class that's not entry level. But lets not get these ministocks more than an entry level. This class got me from the stands to the track and I'd like to make sure someone that's in the stands has that option when they can.

And I'm not stupid, I know that racing is all about finding the little things. Lets just make sure we don't out price ourselves.

Whether anyone thinks I'm stirring up crap or not doesn't matter. What I'm trying to do is keep someone from going out and spending a bunch of money on something that very well might be declared ILLEGAL.

As far as the tech guys go, it's their job to ENFORCE the rules and not make them. And no I don't need to consult the tech guys about everything. Especially when all I'm seeking is an interuptation of the rules, not the enforcing of them.

I've been doing some research about the subject today and I'll be glad to discuss all of it with you at our next meeting. But in the meantime I suggest you do some research on your own. Like Smurf said there are some gray areas that need to be addressed and that's all that is being done here.

And Duckhunter, this forum is for discussion of items just like this. It's to find out opinions and get ideas of others. You can address it however you like. Right now we are three months away from the start of the season. Right now is the time for this sort of thing to be addressed and discussed, not opening day when you've got everything completed.

Everyone is busy right now getting their vehicles ready for the start of the season. My job as president is to get this association ready for the season. Somethings you are going to like and somethings you won't, but if I'm not working and trying to bring this to your attention then I'm not doing my job in looking after the betterment of the ENTIRE class and not just one or two racers.

Millsey

Interpretation

My interpretation of "stock" is the way the part was produced. If you have a "stock" two speed transmission for a s-10, mustang , nissan, use it. If its a 3, 4 or 5-speed it should stay that way.

that's okay JPR but some don't declare it that way

is the glass half full or half empty :D :mad: :p

who is throwing the NEW YEARS PARTY??? I NOMINATE MILLSEY's house:D ;) :D

Back