Tri City B-mods

Silky8

Just a quick question..

Where do I find a set of rules for the B-Mods? Are Berts allowed? If anyone knows, please inform me!

Thanks,

Bobby

2009 B-Modified Rules

Tire Rule Hoosier E-Mod A's or H's only
Weight Rule 2600 After w/Driver
Bert or Brinn Transmissions are allowed – Must add 50lbs after w/driver 2650
No roller cams
Holly 500's (part # 4412. Choke horn can be milled off)
No aerosol's
2 Barrel Carburetor
Cast iron blocks and heads only and gasoline for fuel (No alcohol)

SAME RULES WE RAN LAST YEAR!!!!

Thanks,
Kevin

What????????????

Well I think you just cut your car count........ What class of B Mods besides fulton runs Berts or Brinns???? Was looking forward to that race... Guess not now....

Heck with the only motor rules being Steel heads, steel block and flat tappet cams... This guys would be smart to just bring a 4 barrel with them and if your running ump mods, they could run both class's.... Make twice the money....

can somebody let me know where the rules are posted for the B-MODS at TRI-CITY SPEEDWAY IN BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN PONTOON BEACH ILL.

Anyone scared of racing against the bert tansmitions is just making excuses. At least 8 of the 15 shows at Fulton this year were won by 383s hooked to a 3 speed (thats all I can count that I know for a fact). I have had a Bert for 3 years now and have never bothered trying it out. Car setup will beat a race transmition any day of the week.

Mike Floyd

Lol....

Sorry, if you think were scared... Just thought this was going to be a UMP B-Mod Race... If we were going to have to run with bert and brinns then it would be smarter to just stay in our own town and run with A-Mods.... Save $40 in gas for the trip and $35 for a pit pass.... Aint going to travel that for to run with A-Mods..... Good Luck and Have fun...

Hate to sound like I was calling you scared, but I guess I did.

B mod rules around here are basically an A mod with a 2 barrel, Its crazy how wide open the rules are. But when there a stink thrown over a transmition, or a fuel, it just seems sensless. As wide open as the rules are, someone not going to a race bacause there worried about some one elses transmition or fuel is crazy.

I wish (and im sure 90 percent of the B mod guys would agree) that we had the same rules they have in westen MO. Ive been thinking alot, and have pretty well decided just get a 4 barrel and be done with it. Doing nothing else, wed go from a winning car to a top 5 car, and the money is better.

I have very little in the way of a motor left, Have been running a western MO B mod motor since my good one let go a couple months ago, and were still near the front at Fulton. Stock crank, stock rods, stock pistons,9.0 compression, leaks a quart of oil every night.... And still went from the 7th row to a top 3 2 weeks ago (no yellows helps alot).

Load up, go up there and dont worry about everyone else, If you run 5th, but beat 20 guys with alot more motor,,, even if no one else knows, YOU know what you did.

Ill probably be there because I want to race someone, Im not concerned with what there driving.

Mike Floyd

i have run a brinn for many years in a sportsman (now i have a PG w/a small converter)what happens is when the track gets dry the less weight on the crank will let the motor come on to fast and unless you are a master at the throttle you can break your rear tires loose,its great in the heats but can bite ya in the feature....i got faster in the feature with the PG...

My Point.....

My point is... This is what the schedule says....Thursday, September 24th - "U.M.P. DIRTcar Modified Mania Dirt Nationals" - $3,000 to win! Plus U.M.P. DIRTcar Super Late Models $2,000 to win. U.M.P. DIRTcar Pro Late Models $500 to win, $100 to start & U.M.P. DIRTcar Limited (B) Modifieds paying $400 to win - General Admission $18 with kids 12 and under FREE.

How can it be a UMP, when Ump rules are.....
15.1.C. Only Steel Cylinder Heads and Steel Blocks will be permitted.
15.1.I. Only a single 500 CFM Holley 2 Barrel carburetor will be permitted.
15.1.M Only Flat Tappet Cams will be permitted.
15.2.E Bert and/or Brinn type Transmissions will not be permitted.

I'm assuming, this is NOT a UMP saction race.... and Im assuming UMP points are not being awarded....

I don't think it should say UMP Dirtcar Limited Modifieds when its not...Sorry I'm a stickler for rules.... Don't like going to a knife fight, when theres guns allowed...:D:D

True...but if we arent basing the rules off of UMP what are we basing our rules off of?

Just need to know if theres an actual set of rules..

My point is... This is what the schedule says....Thursday, September 24th - "U.M.P. DIRTcar Modified Mania Dirt Nationals" - $3,000 to win! Plus U.M.P. DIRTcar Super Late Models $2,000 to win. U.M.P. DIRTcar Pro Late Models $500 to win, $100 to start & U.M.P. DIRTcar Limited (B) Modifieds paying $400 to win - General Admission $18 with kids 12 and under FREE.

How can it be a UMP, when Ump rules are.....
15.1.C. Only Steel Cylinder Heads and Steel Blocks will be permitted.
15.1.I. Only a single 500 CFM Holley 2 Barrel carburetor will be permitted.
15.1.M Only Flat Tappet Cams will be permitted.
15.2.E Bert and/or Brinn type Transmissions will not be permitted.

I'm assuming, this is NOT a UMP saction race.... and Im assuming UMP points are not being awarded....

I don't think it should say UMP Dirtcar Limited Modifieds when its not...Sorry I'm a stickler for rules.... Don't like going to a knife fight, when theres guns allowed...:D:D

Then stay home and run no one is twisting your arm making you come. Bring your stuff and see how you do, dont be scared. Kevin makes the rules so if you dont like them B**** to him instead of getting on here crying. I look at it like this who cares i am out classed, i am having fun and getting more seat time while i am at it.

Lol...

PMRACER21, Ya... Were scared... I'll admitt it... :eek::eek: Like I told the other guy that bashed... Good Luck and Have Fun....

ump points

some of us were going to come race for the UMP POINTS-but if we are not running ump rules,then how are we going to get ump points???I think that is the main concern for some of us-and if people are only a carburator away from being a a-mod,well then what is the LIMITED part in limited modifieds mean????????

Did you get a Bmod Bradley?

I am with Mike on this one. I have done better with smokey my old motor than I have with this new one. If you love racing then get in, belt up, hang on and have fun! More about the man than the machine!:)

I have to assume Im "the other guy that bashed"

I didnt do a very good job of getting my point across..

Every time a track hold a special B mod class, by the 4th post someones always crying about the rules "were all staying home if you let someone do that" . If you want it to be your rules, you need to talk to the promoter BEFORE the date is posted, rather than after the fact. Why would a promoter want to have the class if they have to listen to all the whimpering for 2 weeks before the race?

If your worried about someones transmition, your beat before you even load up. And it really doesnt matter what the rules are, 99 percent of the time your going to see the same cars out front anyway.

Mike Floyd

Junebug has a valid point ! :rolleyes: Why jump their s h i t ? If it is a UMP show then go by the UMP rules if it is not a UMP show it needs to be known just that as well. You need to know what rules to go by and it does get confusing ..... UMP show with non UMP rules ????

promoter

why would we have to call the promoter to find out the rules-if it is a ump race,the rules are already in black and white.

It was decided that it will NOT be a UMP race for B-Mods. Rules will be posted later today!

Back