Tri-City Owner Recognized at Daytona Workshops

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Steve Birmingham

Granite City, IL -- Bob Wente, owner and promoter of Tri-City Speedway, was honored by the prestigious RPM (Racing Promoter's Monthy) organization in Daytona Beach, Florida with its "Outstanding Continuous Operation" award.

The award was presented to Wente by RPM's Stewart Doty during the RPM Workshops, a series of motorsports industry workshops held every year in conjunction with Daytona' s Speedweeks activities. The workshops are attended by racing industry leaders from across the United States and the awardees are voted on by RPM members.

In making their presentation, RPM recognized Wente's 11 year efforts to "bring his race track to the very stable operation it is today in the racing industry."

"I am very honored, and it's always a special accomplishment when your efforts are recognized by your peers," Wente said.

Wente's Award

I see Wente was honored for continuous operation or whatever the award was. I guess it doesn't take into consideration whether he puts anything back into his track or just lets it continue to run down. Pevely blows Tri City out of the water.

Back