Tri-City Points ??

cblgy11

Just wondering if anyone has the point standings for Tri-City... There website never updates anything.........

Points?

Haven't seen Tri City points posted any where. The web site still shows 2003 point standings.

Hey TC Springer ... if you get the info, let us all know!!!

somebody on here has to know the points..... The Tri-City web site has updated the results link but has not done anything about the points page. I know some guy in Wisconson or something like that does the web page....And thats the problem. Why doesn't Wente have someone locally do the site?????? It would get updated alot sooner...

Points System

The points system is as follows:
Heats give 10pts for 1st, 8pts for 2nd, 6pts for 3rd, 4pts for 4th, and 2pts for 5th. The feature give 50pts for first then drops two points for each position.
The trick is, you have to have purchased a track membership to receive track points. Once the results are in, I pull all non-members out of the finishing order and move all members up, and then give points. (Example: Heat race is ran and the 1st and 2nd place cars are non-members, 3rd place would receive 10pts, 4th would receive 8pts, etc).

I hope this clears it up for you.

Jeff Martin
Chief Scorer, Tri City Speedway

Points System

The points system is as follows:
Heats give 10pts for 1st, 8pts for 2nd, 6pts for 3rd, 4pts for 4th, and 2pts for 5th. The feature give 50pts for first then drops two points for each position.
The trick is, you have to have purchased a track membership to receive track points. Once the results are in, I pull all non-members out of the finishing order and move all members up, and then give points. (Example: Heat race is ran and the 1st and 2nd place cars are non-members, 3rd place would receive 10pts, 4th would receive 8pts, etc).

I hope this clears it up for you.

Jeff Martin
Chief Scorer, Tri City Speedway

Why not post them weekly in the results section on this site,Like every other track does, So no-one has to look all over for them.

If I may point out the obvious, Jeff posted a direct link so that no one has to go looking all over for them.

I will say this, that point system makes NO SENSE. I'm OK with the fact that a non-member doesn't get points. But moving up the member a position if a non-member finishes ahead of them?

That is unfair to your other members. Two guys battling to the end in the points race, one guy finishes fourth in his heat, but everyone ahead of him is a non-member so he gets first place points. The other guy runs 2nd in his heat, but the guy who won is a member so he gets 2nd place points.

The guy who ran worse in the heat wins the championship...That would be ugly.

WOW Jimmy, I didnt even see that. You are absolutely right though. The scoring must not have been thought thru. I hope they change that.

Hey jeff i was just wondering why I only had one night of points when i was there both nights. thanks in advance.

Ricky Huebner

Hey smart a**, I mean Doug.... All I was saying was post on this site, A link on this site is fine as long as it's there weekly.Some of us like to see how our drivers are doing............And you are right on the points system, Not counting non-members points between the members points is unfair. A guy could finish 6th or worse in the feature and still get points for the win because non-members finished in front of him. Someone has to change that!!!!!

Thanks a bunch jcup. I am fine with you getting the next one as long as i can follow suit the next week. lol. It was great racing with you. Hopefully i will be able to keep up some more for some great clean racin.

Doug I have to give you lot's of credit. You listened and reacted. Kudo's to you and the forces for listening and reacting
as promptly as ya'll did.... ;)

Back