Tri-City reconfiguration to begin this Monday!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Tri-City Speedway will begin construction on reconfiguring the racing surface to a new 3/8 mile track starting this Monday.

That brings up a good question. Why have a open practice on a track that will no longer exist after this weekend. Why not just have a practice for the classes that are running this weekend. It would give those drivers more lap time. If you let everyone out there you just taking up time with cars that will never see that track again. I would how ever like to see more than just one practice night at the beginning of next year.

I will sure miss that 1/4mile it was fun to drive.
But I look foward to a 3/8mile, its gonna seperate the contenders from the pretenders.:cool:

Is it definite that Tri City is going to be running a Friday night show next year? And if so, is it going to be UMP sanctioned?

Attention Tri-City Speedway

Don't forget about the AIR CONDITIONED / BAR / RESTAURANT that we can watch the races from . Thank you :cool: ;) :D

Don't forget about the AIR CONDITIONED / BAR / RESTAURANT that we can watch the races from . Thank you :cool: ;) :D
I'm sorry jmo, but watching races at a Dirt Track inside an A/C'd Bar just really takes the point away from going to the races for me :confused:

Will this be a Pevely Jr.? Concrete walls all around the track, suites, etc? I am sorry, but I will really miss the current Tri-City. The 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile is what made Tri-City just that, Tri-City. I am sure after it is all said and done, Kevin will still have a nice facility, but I will miss the Tri-City race track that has been around.....guess I am one who has never taken change very well.

Also, I am sure some will agree with me as others will not, but this is just my opinion ;)

All its ever needed was more lighting. The half mile was a blast, I'm glad I got to go out there atleast once.

I'm sorry jmo, but watching races at a Dirt Track inside an A/C'd Bar just really takes the point away from going to the races for me :confused:

You don't have to stay inside the bar / restaurant ... you can come and go as you like .... just like at the " Lucas Oil " speedway , they have theirs down below the " suites " . Nice to get out of the sun or dust every once in a while . :cool: ;) :D

big announcement

I bet the big announcement will be that they will be ump sanctioned and Bellville will be shut down. Bellville being shut down will not be part of the announcement but it will happen because the track is to small and rough. People just tear up equipment there because Eddie Dixon is crazy and rides the gas all the way around.

I wouldn't count Belleville out. Too many people like the speed bowl. It's also a nice change of pace from the rest of the tracks around here.

are they just going to revamp the 1/4 into a 3/8? or will the half be getting work as well?

I forgot about spring & fall

While I was at the races toinight I realized that the AIR CONDITIONED BAR / RESTAURANT also needs HEAT for nights this !! Thank god for the fires in the cans & fireplace !! :cool: ;) :D

And like Jimmy Dearing said at the beginning of this thread .... Tri-City will only have ONE track ..... a 3/8th's mile . :eek: :eek: ( I'm not picking on you " racingfan03 " ... this is for everyone who still has doubts )

Will this be a Pevely Jr.? Concrete walls all around the track, suites, etc? I am sorry, but I will really miss the current Tri-City. The 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile is what made Tri-City just that, Tri-City. I am sure after it is all said and done, Kevin will still have a nice facility, but I will miss the Tri-City race track that has been around.....guess I am one who has never taken change very well.

Also, I am sure some will agree with me as others will not, but this is just my opinion ;)

How true How true!!! well said,i will also miss it, TCS is it, just what it is now, yes a Pevely #2 is what were getting just a little bigger,and VIP boxes that we the little people wont ever get to use,Sounds like a money thing and forget about the ltiile people, yes ya need money to run a track, but didnt you see some of the BEST racing on the half in the past few years, how about the mods on the half!! I would run them every week on the half, they were great, Racingfan03,,,,The half is G O H N,, no more never again, and a for racing on Fridy that S U C K S also!!!!!!!!!

One more thing, what about the 1/4 midget// gokart track that was talked about going in by the entrance,, I know alot of guys that would race here. I know tht Rome wasnt built in a day but while you are working on the track you out to run a bulldozer out there and dig a kart track there right next to the restaurant/bar...

I think a " mini-track " for " mini vehicles " is also " VERY " possible .... probably in the " infield " of the 3/8 ...... the " FIGURE 8 " course has to be fit in also .... may get busy on the infield . :cool: ;) :D

I bet the big announcement will be that they will be ump sanctioned and Bellville will be shut down. Bellville being shut down will not be part of the announcement but it will happen because the track is to small and rough. People just tear up equipment there because Eddie Dixon is crazy and rides the gas all the way around.
SOME OFF THE BEST RACING I'VE SEE ANY WHERE HAS BEEN AT BELLEVILLE MY FREIND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT

hornet video

to all of you who have charter digital go to channel 999 go down to magrack then go to wild wheels and go to the hornet video and see what you think about it and let us hornet fans know

I wouldn't count Belleville out. Too many people like the speed bowl. It's also a nice change of pace from the rest of the tracks around here.

And one would have to think that a lot of racers who might be a bit down on $ and/or horsepower won't want to race on a high banked 3/8ths.

Belleville faces far more peril from its neighbors than it will from Tri City.

Back