Tri city rules meeting

faustfan2

Kevin i personally want to thank you for listening to us street stock guys. Im sure a few are not happy with some of the changes but i believe a majority are. Again thank you!

Late models have to have pickup on top of fuel cell
Mandatory full containment seat OR window net in all classes.
Street stocks now allow rear weight jacks, hole allowed in hood, and new wissota tire mandatory Mat 1st.

This probably isn't all of them just the ones I could hear from the back.

Last edited:
Street Stocks also can make their own floor pans and firewalls now and don't have to be factory. Ford guys can run an adapter plate for the Rochester carb.

Late Models cannot groove or sipe RR tire after May 1st.

Last edited:
Faust fan. I couldn't agree more. Thank you Tammy and Kevin for working with us and listening to us. The changes are more than fair for everybody. I don't see why anybody would be unhappy with them. I do greatly appreciate it. Sorry I couldn't make it I had some stuff come up that had me out of town. I do not think I will have my new car ready in time for the first race. But I will be there in our current car until it is done. Thank you again! I really do appreciate it!!

Just curious, but how far off are the TCS SS now from say... 2005 TCS/Highland/I55/BC Sportsman chassis? Just chassis, not shocks, rear end and all the bolt on stuff. Just chassis.

Just curious, but how far off are the TCS SS now from say... 2005 TCS/Highland/I55/BC Sportsman chassis? Just chassis, not shocks, rear end and all the bolt on stuff. Just chassis.
Street stocks arent 3 link, weight jacks in the front, no out board shocks, no aluminum intake no holley carb dont have full aluminum bodies cant run msd boxes cant run any steel head cant have a late model type nose, the list goes on.

If you have some time and the know how you can make a old sportsman car work in this class. Kevin told me at the meeting you could use a old sportsman chassis as long as you make it fit to the street stock rules

That's what i was wondering. All the engine stuff, shocks, etc is bolt on. What would need to be altered on an old sportsman chassis to put it on the track and be legal. Not bolt on stuff, but actual chassis adjustments. Because I am thinking there have to be some of these laying around that could be built into SS if there wasn't a ridiculous amount of work involved.

That's what i was wondering. All the engine stuff, shocks, etc is bolt on. What would need to be altered on an old sportsman chassis to put it on the track and be legal. Not bolt on stuff, but actual chassis adjustments. Because I am thinking there have to be some of these laying around that could be built into SS if there wasn't a ridiculous amount of work involved.

Alot depends on what was previously done to them, most sportsman's have relocated upper mounts, weight jacks, heim end shocks and their engines are set back to #1 plug with upper ball joint where as we have to have ours in stock location. Also most sportsman's are 3 links and would have to be converted to 4 links. Personally I couldn't see to many sportsman's out there with the street stocks, alot of work to get them to match us again unless it's been sitting around for many many years untouched

What constitutes stock location of the engine in the street stock class at TRI-CITY. maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see anything about it. just looking for a clarification, because if we start modifying old sportsman chassis, we need to know where to set the engine. thanks in advance tim

What constitutes stock location of the engine in the street stock class at TRI-CITY. maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see anything about it. just looking for a clarification, because if we start modifying old sportsman chassis, we need to know where to set the engine. thanks in advance tim

Technically that varies from every track.

Highland- Engine setback will be measure from rear trailing holes in frame to back of block, measurement is 76.5″.

Belleville- centerline of ball joint lined up with cylinder ##3

Tricity- can be moved back as much as wanted without notching the cross member at all for the fuel pump.

I know you asked for tricity but wanted to bring light to that too how every track has a difference.

Having never been around the sportsman much I am not real familiar with how they are put together but I was thinking engine set back would be the big one. Now, if you can just figure out a fuel pump configuration that would work and not require notching the cross member...... ;)

Actually most sportsman I've been around are 4 link or have both options. So motor and motor accessories and shocks aside. It wouldn't be real difficult to make the ss and sportsman chassis be able to be combined.

Back