Tri-City sold, will run on Sundays!

Okay looks like Sundays at Tri City, we may or may not race there. We will have to take a wait and see attitude. But if they go to the 1/2 mile for Modifieds and Late Models there will be no decision to make, we and I believe alot of cars will not be there. Reasons are obvious on that one. They will also have to get the races done on a more timely manner for Sundays to work. Kevin, you may want to have a long talk with many drivers before you make any set in stone decisions (they do make your weekly show work). Tri City this year was a great 1/4 mile track, just needed a little more lighting. The track was fast all night and for the most part smooth. We would hate to leave but this is a HOBBY and work on Monday is a living. Just my thoughts, jcup.

If Sundays don't work for whatever reason, it can always go back to Saturday nights. If Gundaker can afford to try it, why not give it a whirl and see if there really is a need for it. I don't think so, but why not try it.

Early indications are that there will be no changes in the classes or the weekly show at all.

Thanks Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just did many area fans a big favor by deciding to race on Sundays! You will have one of the biggest car counts in the area and will also grow your fan base bigtime! If we can't race our pure stocks there, I will certainly watch as a fan and see how the organization improves at Tri-City. Hopefully it won't be so much like Godfrey anymore!!! I know you and your dad are classy people and will improve it's reputation a lot.

RacerRod

i know its different but, kevin did one hell of a job as the promoter of the kart racing at the horse palace. i think he can do it at tri city too. and i really believe that he will get plenty of cars and fans on sunday nights. look at all the years st. charles ran. yeah every year towards the end of the season cars and fans dwindled as school started and it got colder. and all the post that have been started on this very site every winter about wanting a sunday track. i think it will be a major success. the gundaker's are very wise bussinessmen. i'm sure they have done thier homework.GOOD LUCK TO THEM!!!!!! (hey kevin big pole barn, indoor winter kart racing on the grounds somewhere? ya think it might work):D

Hoffner Racing 88 said:
Will they still run steel Blocks? LATE MODELS

By running steelers on Sunday they might get a number of Mt. Vernon cars that run on Saturday.

As good as this could work for Granite, it could work even better for some of the other Sat. tracks. I-55 could really have an embarrasment of riches in terms of mods. And they won't be the only track to benefit.

I agree stay on the 1/4. I was under the impression that going to sundays was to be able to run ump? The mods already run ump rules, why not go with the late models also? I'm glad nothing is going to be changing with the sportsman and street stocks. It would have been foolish to change a 25-30 cars a night class.

Everyone is tossing in thier two cents, so here is mine. Race at least the latemodels on the half, and make sure the recovery crews and officals can get the track cleared and the race restarted quickly. Cutting down the length of the yellow flags will be a huge improvement.

Hey why not run the 1/4 2 weekends a month and the half the other two. schedule the big ones on the half weekends, or run 2 sat. 2 sun. this way you take care of both sides. I can understand the (sunday to late) side , no matter what, you just aren't goin to get those people there on sundays, to much goin on, family wise, but then again its nice to have a place to go, and there's plenty of cars in the area, especially if a guy has a good weekend he wants to keep it goin., just be careful, take everyones idea, weigh it in, and sometimes the hard way will reap benefits,

Shane Cockrum

If they are going to run on Sunday night they need to be UMP sanctioned. The UMP points chasers would be there every week!!! Every Sunday we could see all the UMP guys like Melvin, Dixon, "Fast" Frankie Martin, the Faust boys, Hammerlee and the rest of the points chasers mixing it up!!! Throw in the likes of Korte, English & Erb every now & then & you got the best show in the STL area period!!! Not to mention the Mod points chasers.

Not everyone can always show up. After all, just ask those furniture guys, "Sunday is the Lards day." However, I do believe even the "Lard" would show up for Tri-City's 1/2 mile!!!

Ok, here's my thoughts. And they're big ones at that! LOL!

In the off season reconfigure the 1/4 mile to a larger 3/8 or even 4/10. Eleminate the current 1/2 mile track and move some of the grandstands to the backstretch of the track. This will also allow for more parking and pitting area. Then the could move the lights that currently attempt to illuminate the 1/2 to the one main track. And hey, while their at it, they could fix the scoreboard too! LOL!

Hey, it's an idea! :rolleyes:

For what it is worth, I would probably be there 2 or 3 times this year if they ran on Saturdays but I would be there 90% of Sundays with my car.

If Jimmy's going then I'll be there too!!!! Enjoyed watching you this year Jimmy and I'm sure you'll be even better next year.

Back