Tri-City Speedway Rain Out Ticket info from Bud 50

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
The event will NOT be rescheduled!!

NO CASH BACK..

Rain out ticket usage:

General admission tickets:
May use at June 19th UMP Summer Nationals event or July 10th Lucas Oil Late Model Series event
Also May use to upgrade to pit pass and pay the difference of $2 for weekly event of $7 for UMP Summer Nationals or Lucas Oil Late Model event.

Pit Passes:
May use for weekly show, but no cash back. (You will lose $5)
May use for June 19th UMP Summer Nationals or July 10th Lucas Oil Late Model Series event

Would feel ok if we at least got start money for one of our cars. We junked one car and qualified one into the main, and with 250mi round trip to go there It cost us way more than a pit pass. And to run every event but the a features I would hope we would get a little more for the effort we put in. We gambled because we figured if it rained at least it would re schedule. Next time not so sure we take the chance. Really disappointed!

Wow that is ridiculous. They said the field was set and there would be a make up date. Guess I shouldn't be so surprised anytime TCS doesn't see the car count or fans in the stands they find some way to screw the drivers over. Sad to see because every driver took a gamble, no matter if it was a long drive, tearing there Equiptment up, or Mother Nature and then they get treated like S*** by the track. Just my opinion.

I knew something wasn't right when they were announcing for everyone to hold on to their tickets and they could be used through July 10th..

They can't let everyone use their current tickets for another show and run a makeup for this event.

Unfortunately no one wins in these situations. Either the racer or the fans have to take it on the chin in a rain out.

But they did have all the features set and I thought UMP required double features if all the features are set.. (Which would mean no one would of been able to use their tickets for another show though)..

This is why a lot of tracks cancel if the weather is iffy for not only big shows, but regular shows as well. Just too much risk.

We spoke with UMP and there was no date available to reschedule the Bud 50 unless it was in October and we would then be asking all Ticket holders to hold onto their tickets and pit passes until then and didn't think that would be right to do. The race needed to be rescheduled to accommodate all 3 classes.

If we would have rescheduled the race for October NO Tickets would have been honored until the rescheduled date because the features were set. We also spent all week getting ready for the event and were very disappointed the weather didn't cooperate. darned it you do darned if you don't.

We felt this was the best thing to do to benefit the Fans and Teams by honoring everything until July. The reason you announce hold onto your tickets is you have to wait and make a decision after you have a chance to look at dates and other races.

No decision is always going to make everybody happy but will make sure all tickets are honored.

Thank you
Tri City Speedway

I think what he is doing is very admirable most of the time once all heats are ran is considered a complete show so all you whiners should stop whining

35 late models, 1/2 full stands... not surprised they aren't making it up. Gotta take the bad with the good TCS.

I think what he is doing is very admirable most of the time once all heats are ran is considered a complete show so all you whiners should stop whining

Does that mean they payout by how the features are set?

It's a tough call for the track. At least this way both the racers and track lose a little rather than one losing a lot. Nobody wanted the rain.

Back