Tri-City Speedway

jeffleigh

Just Jeff
Its looks like all the rumors about Gundaker buying Tri-City are true. An article in saturdays post-dispatch on page 23 says Kevin and his father bought the track. It doesnt say anything about what night they are going to race though. I wonder how much Kevin is going to race now?

Is it also true they are planning to race on Sundays??? Do you know what classes they will be running, more specifically street/pure stock rules??? Thanks.

RacerRod

Congratulations Kevin I'm sure you will make a great owner/promoter for TCS. I probablly won't run there but, I will come to watch on occasion.

Gundaker, one of the largest real estate developers in the
midwest. What makes you think they won't bulldoze it and
put up a shopping mall?

HOWARD STERN said:
Gundaker, one of the largest real estate developers in the
midwest. What makes you think they won't bulldoze it and
put up a shopping mall?

They have to take several years of tax losses first, then comes the new super wal mart....lol

John Barr
The Trashdog

Wow a winter time rumor that has come true.......lol...... :D . I knew something was kinda fishy when all the Tri City Posts kept getting removed. I am kinda anxious to hear what classes will be run and on what night, etc. Could Allied possibly be back at Tri City on Sundays? Just a thought to throw in the mix.

Tom

Hmmm, interresting, if TCS went UMP and if Highland, Brownstown & Mt Vernon would have all went with the UMP streetstock/Bomber saction, that would make for a vast area of common rules tracks. That's Fri, Sat & Sun racing oportunities under one set of common rules.

HOWEVER-upon just reading the article it doesn't appear they plan to run Bomber/streetstock unfortunately.

It just says that the for sure classes will be LM, Mods and Sportsmans.I would think he would keep the street stocks since they have a large turn out every week. But then again,Godfrey just dropped the B-mods which was a big class and kept getting bigger. Looks like all those guys are running a-mods next year if no other track pics them up. How about us micro guys as a weekly show. We had a great turn out at the begining of last year untill Wente screwed us all on our pay and noone can back. Can't wait till April.

Well if they don't run ump you can count me out going there every Sunday night. I would hope that Kevin will condiser going ump. It would be great for the ump drivers.

Back