Tri city speedways new head rule..

racing fan1

So with race season starting in a few weeks they go and change the head rule. They aren't gonna save the racer money. It seems there is several drivers that don't want this. The new head has a better advantage then a old set.They must flow better cause there fresh and the old sets are pitted from years of wear and tear. Maybe the move was to try and keep his cars from going somewhere else to run. Drivers thoughts would be good to hear..

Revin said:
First of all you need to know your facts before you go posting aboutr something you know nothing about!

1 - I did alot of research on these heads before allowing them.
2 - Talking with several motor builders that have used them, they told me that there is no advantage to them other than availability.
3 - This is not a mandatory rule, you can run what ever head that you choose.
4 - I did not change this rule to keep cars just running at TCS. If I would have done that I would make the head rule mandatory.
5 - I did not just change this rule as you stated, It was put in place the week after the rules meeting. If you we're at the rules meeting and listening I told everyone I would make a decision that week and it would be posting it on the website.
6 - If you look a little deeper this head will save you money, not cost you money!
7 - If you are a driver or owner you can call me at anytime:
636-795-0052
Kevins message to me..

Why must you insist on being a troll? Have you not anything better to do with your time? If you're not a driver or car owner, why do you even care? If you are a driver or car owner and you disagree with the rule, I'm sure Belleclair Speedway would appreciate your business.

I'm so disappointed.....I clicked on this thread assuming "Tri-City Speedways New Head Rule" was something totally unrelated to an engine.

king

It makes sense to me...these old castings are getting harder to find and less reliable.

I'm a car owner/driver.

Those heads are an exact duplicate of a stock gm head but thicker to take more abuse. Alot less prone to cracking....how many 882's youve seen crack??Ive seen too many!!! good move. If they start selling these more.......im sure the price will go down as well

I think its a good thing in a way with the money side of things it just ****ed that guys didnt check the website (myself) and see the new change till it was to late and already spent money and had their motors already built. And it came to late to possibly have pevely,highland and belleville look into this also. So i guess if you decide to run these heads your obligated to just run there with the others saying absolutly not. Just an opinoin. Matt Hancock 29 ss

this new head rule will save so much time and money and head aches , just think how much time and gas u spend going to find them ol things pullem off pay to clean and check ,guess what u just could have paid for one casting and never left the house!

we had two sets of 882's checked out after we bought them and both were cracked, so I'm still running same from last year.

Back