Tri-City this Sat.??

i refin

I Refin
Is it true Tri-City has cancelled Sat's race?? Looks like JYI is the place to be this weekend!! OOOOOOOOOOOoooohh AAAAAAAAAAaaaahhh,just practicin':D

Bummer

I would say low kart count. I do not understand why very few went to tri-city when they had such a great payout. Baffles me Andy

Simple,Daytime racing tears up tires.
$200.00 to win and you need at least two new tires plus your pit pass and entry.
DUH!!!!!!

Racing

Lower entry fee and decent payout will bring more racers. Hot weather don't help either. lol Just higher payout brings top racers. Lower entry fees brings everyone (beginners). Just my oppinion

I can tell u from experience it has nothing to do with tearing up tires or the entry fee! there r alot of us racers who spend alot more on winning alot less!
I think it was because there was (weak):( tech! its not only Tri City but alot of tracks around here. Im speaking for alot of racers out there it ****s when u spend alot of time and money into winning and someone takes the easy route and cheats, not pointing any fingers i just hear people talking throughout the pits and it seems people r taking the easy route! If the tracks would just tech alot more and check out more than just fuel u would probably pick up the kart count. How many times do u hear racers say im not going to that track because they dont tech or there r karts cheating and getting away with it? there is only one way to cure that, tech.:rolleyes:

I have been to alot of tracks on local nights that would tech the second and third place karts! I believe at least one kart per night should have his motor completely teched from top to bottom and 2nd and third check their carb or popout etc. if this starts happening u can eliminate one excuse for losing " I GOT BEAT BY SOMEONE WHO WAS CHEATING" just my opinion

Kart counts are down at every local track.Bedrock is down to under 50,JYI is around 25-30,Bell-Rive is hurting too.I believe it's a choice between playing with a kart,or buying gas to drive to work.JMO

thank you tobin for pointing that out

i agree with him that its tech because I am puttin in as much time, money, prep, and gettin my kart just right and beating the fair people but theres allways one or two that still just blow me out of the water and sometimes comein from the back so if any track will have someone for scales someone for tires (bedrock) and another couple for tech they will be succesfull

tech

having more tech men is a good idea. doing more at tech is a great idea, the problem is i can't see sending someones motor home in a box. i have said this back when my son raced karts. if you take the top three to tech, the guy running second and third knows if they where out handled or out horse powered. 9 out of 10 times those guys or gals will say i got beat because they where stuck and i was way to loose or to tight. so all you have to do is ask then second or third place karts if a full tech is needed , it would save a lot of time and problems. like ben said he knew the guy was cheating because if someone runs away from tobin i would have to say they are cheating he has his act together when it comes to tires, prep and handling. back when we where winning every week we where called cheaters all the time. i got so tired of it i forced the track owner at the time to do a full tech on my motor, he got dennis rigs form viper engines to do it . they gave my motor back in a box. that s**** but it had to be done. and if the guys at the time would of asked me, they would of been buying tire prep from me 5years ago. :D

Aoree with 20 racer

If you race 2 Friday then also Satur day, You don't want to take your engine home in a box. We used to race BGellerive Friday, the Fair race Saturday Afternoon, Then shoot over to Greenville Saturday night and race. If we had our motor tore down every week, we would not have made half the races. I agree, ask 2nd and 3rd place unless someone just comes out and blows away competition. Also change the rule that if you put up money to tech, it has to be done before feature. Drivers play the game, finish 2nd or 3rd in heats then blow everyone away at feature time.

Next subject MONEY

Racing has always been a family sport. Too expensive. Gate fee, Entry fee, and Pit pass. If you bring mom, dad, grandma,grandpa, brothers and sisters also friends. They want to see up close and personal. Not on the other side of track. I know pit passes are for insurance purpose. But WHY charge a $3.00 gate fee if your going to pits. Also lower entry fee would bring more racers, ( maybe not top money racers) but more beginners and more family to watch. If your racing for money, Ther are enough big money races around. Just look at Coulterville, They get just as many spectators as racers. Probably because BEER is allowed at track. A cheep night out with family and friends. LOWER PRICES AND THEY WILL COME LOL

I agree with 20racer if the 2nd and 3rd place kart agree no tech needed!
But whats obvious is obvious!

For the record i dont think i've been cheated im just speaking from what i hear and see at the local tracks! My problem is i cant get through the corners. Maybe i should stop switching karts all the time! I think the stock Heavy class at bedrock is pretty much on the up and up! for the most part(the normal drivers that is).

Where are these tracks located ? I hear about them but I don't know where they are - - - may want to go sometime . Are they a mix of dirt & asphalt or what ? Thanks :) .

The Illinois Tracks, Bedrock-Belleville,JYI-Coulterville,Bell-Rive Il. are all dirt ovals.Approx.1/8 mi. Tri-City in Pontoon Beach is a 1/4mi. Check it out,good racing at all these tracks.They all have web-sites you can find on this forum,with info about date & times,pictures,etc.Do you have a dirt kart?or wanting to watch?:D

Tri-city

It was cancelled because of low kart count. Kevin was losing money paying out a guarantee purse. Its that simple. Its not about the tech or guys cheating. There are ways to check a kart if you believe they are cheating. Put up some money and have them torn down. Running thur the pit telling everyone you got beat and they are just cheating is just wrong. If everyone wants to run at Tri-city for a guaranteed payout then the next race show up. They are going to try again they just need you to support it.:)
Scott

Tech

Scott I agree with what you said the only thing I will say in responce is you can not put up the money for a tech if there isn't even a tech man at the track. I am not saying anybody was cheating (in fact I do not believe there was) just an observation. If fuel prices continue the way they are racing is in trouble period. Andy

outlaw8 said:
It was cancelled because of low kart count. Kevin was losing money paying out a guarantee purse. Its that simple. Its not about the tech or guys cheating. There are ways to check a kart if you believe they are cheating. Put up some money and have them torn down. Running thur the pit telling everyone you got beat and they are just cheating is just wrong. If everyone wants to run at Tri-city for a guaranteed payout then the next race show up. They are going to try again they just need you to support it.:)
Scott
i spoke with kevin thur. evening this race was cancelled not do to kart count but due to conflict with other track or tracks as of now they will be racing in august if i here anything else i will post george

Back